Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Has anybody received Pure Jeep products?

Old 04-13-2007, 03:34 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has anybody received Pure Jeep products?

I ordered the front and rear bumper and the d-ring mounts almost 3 months ago. I got the front bumper about 6 weeks later, but I haven't received the rear bumper or d-ring mounts yet. Has anybody else ordered from them and not received their gear?
Old 04-13-2007, 05:12 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by skramer530
I ordered the front and rear bumper and the d-ring mounts almost 3 months ago. I got the front bumper about 6 weeks later, but I haven't received the rear bumper or d-ring mounts yet. Has anybody else ordered from them and not received their gear?

I also ordered the rear bumper with d-rings...After waiting a month I called them and they said 3 more weeks.So after 3 weeks I called again and they said 3 more weeks. After 3 more weeks I called them and they said 3 more weeks. That's when I cancelled the order..I'll never buy or order from them again. But thats just me..Good luck with your order..
Old 04-14-2007, 05:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

hmm i dont like the sound of this. i like the bumers but i dont want to wait forever. I already ordered the AtoZ rocker guards that i got to wait for
Old 04-14-2007, 06:14 AM
JK Newbie

I placed my order for a front no winch bumper with d-rings about 3 months ago, and i'm stil waiting....I contacted them a few days ago, and they told me that shipment is scheduled in two weeks....
Old 04-14-2007, 08:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

This is bad news. I ordered a PJ bumper through Quadratec a few days ago. So I just now called to cancel it and ordered the one from Shrockworks. I'll let you know....

Last edited by briandunning; 04-14-2007 at 08:46 AM.
Old 04-14-2007, 08:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Substitute

Originally Posted by briandunning
This is bad news. I ordered a PJ bumper through Quadratec a few days ago. So I just now called to cancel it and ordered the one from Shrockworks. I'll let you know....
I like the PJ too, but this is very discouraging. Jeeperman makes a stubby bumper which I was also considering. There are pics of it somewhere on this forum (sorry I don't know exactly where). Also, I think the LoD is pretty cool - not exactly stubby, but tapered to still give you max approach angles. Lastly, check out the Shrockworks,
http://www.shrockworks.com/Jeep-JK-B...-pr-16202.html - This may actually be the one for me.

Last edited by P8RE8; 04-14-2007 at 10:18 AM.
Old 04-14-2007, 09:04 AM
SCF
JK Enthusiast

I'd have to see a PJ in person. I'm not impressed by their photos. I'm used to a d-ring mount being welded to the bumper itself, right near a frame mounting point.

Like I said, I'd have to see them in person.
Old 04-14-2007, 09:10 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are probably several that you could order and wait for. Just the nature of the business right now. In six months the market will be flooded. DC is giving us all training on the waiting though.

I saw the PJ bumper with the Warn Powerplant and it looks good. I also like the look of the Shrockworks stubby. You would probably have to wait for that one, also.
Old 04-14-2007, 11:26 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

So far as I know, the fronts are shipping and people are getting them. As far as the rears go, I'm pretty sure they have only been accepting pre-orders with an actual shipping date to be announced. At least, that what I've been told and what I have seen listed on websites like Northridge4x4. For those of you who have been promised anything sooner, I'm curious as to who you talked to, PUREJEEP or the vendor you purchased it from?
Old 04-14-2007, 11:29 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by SCF
I'd have to see a PJ in person. I'm not impressed by their photos. I'm used to a d-ring mount being welded to the bumper itself, right near a frame mounting point.

Like I said, I'd have to see them in person.
Well, I have the PJ front bumper on my JK now and can tell you that in my opinion, this thing is made extremely well, functions great and looks like it belongs on a JK. As far as the D-ring mounts go, they bolt up directly to the frame, sandwiching the bumper in-between. Honestly, I don't know how you could do this better or make it any stronger.

Quick Reply: Has anybody received Pure Jeep products?