Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Have Federal Couragia tires improved in quality?

Old 12-01-2015, 03:22 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Have Federal Couragia tires improved in quality?

I am interested in a set of these in 35 x 12.5 x 20 to replace my 33" tires that I am currently running. I like them because I saw a jeep in town that had them and they caught my eye to the point that I had to go and see what they were. Upon doing my google search on them I see that they have had less than stellar reviews as far as quality and from what I have seen there has been a LOT of tire failure. The thing is that most of the bad reviews are at least a couple of years old so I am wondering if the quality has been improved?
Old 12-01-2015, 04:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

I bought mine about a year ago and they have been awesome, I fitted them myself on beadlocks and they did not need balancing. Off road grip is very good on all surfaces and have no issues on the street. I will be getting these again in 37 when my 35s are worn
Old 12-01-2015, 04:20 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

They're loud as all get out, I heard a newer set rolling down the road a week or so ago.
Old 12-01-2015, 05:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have been running my 35 for over 6 months and I really like them, i can tell that they are really quite compare to my old nitto or toys m/t. for the price you can’t complain.
Old 12-02-2015, 02:34 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by karls10jk
They're loud as all get out, I heard a newer set rolling down the road a week or so ago.
In all fairness I let a set of toyo mt's get pretty chopped and to fix that issue you have to rotate and run in reverse direction until they are worn back normal. I tell you it's the loudest thing ever when you do this. Anyone who heard it probably formed the same opinion on the tires that you did. Not saying they aren't loud but sometimes there are other factors going on.

Last edited by DKJEEP; 12-02-2015 at 04:20 AM.
Old 12-02-2015, 01:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Mine are not loud
Old 12-02-2015, 03:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have a set that are at least two years old on my JKU right now, 35x12.5x17. They work great for pretty much all off-road applications I have used them for. They don't seem to be any louder than any average mud terrain tire.
Old 01-30-2016, 03:02 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Federal Courage MT

Yes these are my next tire. Though I can't wait until my 35's wear down,but my wallet can. Going 37's going to regear to 4.56's and wait for my D30 to explode then get a G2 D44 or a PR44 haven't decided yet on that part.
Old 01-30-2016, 06:40 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I only see these on mall crawlers around here, never on trail rigs. Since I really don't talk to the mall crawlers, I got nothing except there may be a reason I don't see them on trail rigs here.
Old 01-30-2016, 06:57 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Every run of the mill lifted Chevy or ford has them on around here. I have no personal experience but have had a few buddies running their 37s on full size trucks and could never get them to balance. I also don't know if they ever got them road force balanced which they probably needed. I almost went with them last year but got a set of cooper stts for $100 more so I went with them because other than the obvious fact of having an MT for traction, they're also for "aesthetics". I felt running the federals was sort of like matching a pair of "Shaq" shoes to a "Jordan" outfit.

Quick Reply: Have Federal Couragia tires improved in quality?