Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hawk brake pad review

Old 06-14-2012, 07:16 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hawk brake pad review

so i just replaced my front and rear brake pads with Hawk performance pads. i did ceramic pads in the front and performance HPS pads in the rear.
although i havent slammed the brakes to really test them out, i feel a huge difference just driving around town. i can feel the brakes respond much better with much less brake pressure as opposed to having my brakes feel like its been sprayed with grease. just wanted to share
Old 06-14-2012, 07:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

How much did they cost you? How many miles did you have when you replaced them? I have a break that is starting to squeak but I have not checked them out yet.
Old 06-14-2012, 07:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by brutalvette
How much did they cost you? How many miles did you have when you replaced them? I have a break that is starting to squeak but I have not checked them out yet.
I also have the hawk pads I got mine from amazon for around $60 I believe. I too like them and am pleased with the upgrade.

Edit: after a quick search I guess they were around 70
Old 06-14-2012, 10:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yeah Hawke ceramic pads on the front for me and Hawke light truck on the rear (wanted them to work from cold as I think the HP ones generally operate best when hot). Very happy and much cheaper than stock pads sourced locally. Super easy to change pads on JK!
Old 06-15-2012, 01:58 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by brutalvette
It was about $65-$70 a set (two wheels). So total
cost including new retaining clips was around $160. I had 20k on the jk, my brakes werent squeaking but they started running low in the rear so i figured it wouldnt hurt to replace all of them since the stock pads are a joke anyway.
Old 06-15-2012, 11:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks. I have over 20k now so I will be looking into this soon.
Old 06-15-2012, 12:56 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Tycho
Yeah Hawke ceramic pads on the front for me and Hawke light truck on the rear (wanted them to work from cold as I think the HP ones generally operate best when hot). Very happy and much cheaper than stock pads sourced locally. Super easy to change pads on JK!
i forgot about the higher operating temperature for sports pads. guess i will get different ones next time around
Old 09-14-2012, 10:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

After reading this thread, I installed Hawk HB569Z.650 Performance Ceramic on the front and HB608Y.630 LTS on the rear. I was careful to burnish them well, using the procedure Hawk recommends.

I am VERY pleased with the results. After modding my rig for two years- lots of weight added- as well as very heavy 35" tires- this really has made a noticeable difference in braking power. Highly recommended. Thought it might be worth waking the thread up.
Old 09-14-2012, 12:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Brad Woods from Jeep Swag . com did a complete review on them

Jeep JK Brake Pads by EBC

Quick Reply: Hawk brake pad review