Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Headlights?

Old 09-03-2007, 07:57 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm just curious, why you are so vehemently against Cibie's? Did they wrong you in a former life, or is it just that bastardized French Pronunciation?
Old 09-03-2007, 08:43 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Phishjeep
I'm just curious, why you are so vehemently against Cibie's? Did they wrong you in a former life, or is it just that bastardized French Pronunciation?

Good question! They made a huge difference in the amount of light and where it goes coming from my jeep. Maybe he doesn't want to mess with the wiring harnes???
Old 09-04-2007, 03:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have nothing against Cibies personally, nor the French. I know there is a guy on the thread who swears by them and every time I read a post on headlights, he's there, throwing in his input that Cibies are the way to go. Call it rebellion, call it stupidity (probably a combination of both) but I made up my mind to go with something different. Cibie can't have the corner on the JK market, there has got to be other options.

As for the harness, yea, I won't hesitate to chop up the harness if need be. The Jeep is mine, and I'll do whatever it takes to "make it right". If it voids the warranty, so be it. Steve White Motors in Hickory is pretty cool. If I develop a wiring problem, I'm not sure the mechanic is going to be checking the headlight wiring harness to find what I did (so the warranty can be void) unless the problem is with the headlights.

Tom
Bryson City, NC

Last edited by SpudRacer; 09-04-2007 at 08:18 PM.
Old 09-04-2007, 07:13 PM
JK Super Freak

Good answer. I guess that makes you ornery. I know I tend not to Jump on bandwagons if there seems to be no reason for it.
Old 09-04-2007, 08:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Phishjeep Good answer.
Thanks. If I can find a headlight mod that turns out to be half as good as my 3000K fog light mod, I'll be happy. I want to put HIDs in the headlights, but the stock beam pattern is terrible with too much light scatter. With HIDs, I'd be blinding everyone. I want a more restrictive pattern with a sharp cuttoff such as the IPF headlight housings I had on my XJ. I drove that thing for 4 years with 80w low beams, and 110w high beams and never got flashed (once I got them adjusted right). The light was simply incredible! I want that... incredible light.

Tom
Bryson City, NC

Last edited by SpudRacer; 09-05-2007 at 10:41 AM.
Old 09-05-2007, 05:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by doojer
I gotta say, the factory bulbs aren't nearly bright enough. They are really dark compared to my old Explorer, especially when I'm using my brights (the brights on my Explorer were awesome). Sometimes I have to double-check that the headlights are actually on...:whoaisme:

The fog lights are good, though.
I couldn't agree more... I even find that the low beams with the fog lights are much better than the high beams... I am going to upgrade my bulbs too.
Old 09-05-2007, 05:56 AM
JK Freak

i went with Marchel lenses and H4 75/85W H4 bulb setup from danielsternlighting.com. they are freakin' incredible. lots more light, but more importantly, the light is focused to where it needs to be. you could always just buy the lenses and not switch out the bulbs. it is the lense tub that makes the difference. they focus the light to where it needs to be. i have tons of light and it is without blinding people coming towards me.
Old 09-05-2007, 06:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

What did that setup costs? Are they direct replacements for the factory lenses...are they plug and play?

Quick Reply: Headlights?