Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Help! Broken Axle Question

Old 03-21-2009, 03:56 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! Broken Axle Question

I have a broken factory axle shaft on my D30. I have 4.88 gears and an ARB installed and its drivers side front if any of that matters. I can't get the broken pieces out of my axle tubes. I have most of the shaft out but can get the last 3 inches out. How do I do this?
Old 03-21-2009, 05:34 PM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 1stWaffleMkr
I have a broken factory axle shaft on my D30. I have 4.88 gears and an ARB installed and its drivers side front if any of that matters. I can't get the broken pieces out of my axle tubes. I have most of the shaft out but can get the last 3 inches out. How do I do this?
Disassemble the passenger's side and find a bar long enough to push it out the driver's side.
Old 03-21-2009, 05:44 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by planman
A magnet taped to the end of a broom handle.
Good idea
Old 03-21-2009, 06:12 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RedneckJeep
Disassemble the passenger's side and find a bar long enough to push it out the driver's side.
X2 easiest way
Old 03-21-2009, 08:48 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Man, if you were only closer. I have a magnet the size of a small matchbox that has an 80lb pull. It'd snatch it right out. It's funny , I stick it on my washing machine in the garage and tell friends to hand me that lil block of metal. haha.
Old 03-22-2009, 03:27 PM
JK Newbie

Default Another Broken Axle Question

My front Driverside axle shaft broke off flush with the ARB locker and I can't get the last 3 inches to come out of the shaft, I have used a strong magnet and still cant get it out. It seems like I would need to take something apart to get it out, but when I look in the diff all i see is the arb, I can't get to the end of the shaft. Any help here would be greatly appriciated.
Old 03-22-2009, 04:23 PM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

There are plenty of ides on the first thread you started about this. Making another thread ain't gonna increase your chances.

Quick Reply: Help! Broken Axle Question