Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help choosing wheels and tires

Old 08-21-2007, 05:23 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile help choosing wheels and tires

hi guys, my name is Linndsey :toung: . I own a 2007 black sahara. i want to upgrade to bigger wheels and tires and do not want a lift.

i was thinking of getting an American Racing Mojave Teflon 17x8 (4.5 backspacing)

with Pro Comp Extreme All Terrain (305/65/17)

I do not do much offroading except the beach and if i do go it is rarely extreme.

i was wondering if this is a good wheel and tire combination

and secondly, if it will cause rubbing for mild offroading.

Lastly, i was wondering if i would also have to buy a new jack for this.

Also, if anyone has pictures of the mojave teflon 17s with 33s plssssssssssss Post pictures

Thank you in advance guys
Old 08-21-2007, 05:34 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by h_revolutions
hi guys, my name is Linndsey :toung: . I own a 2007 black sahara. i want to upgrade to bigger wheels and tires and do not want a lift.

i was thinking of getting an American Racing Mojave Teflon 17x8 (4.5 backspacing)

with Pro Comp Extreme All Terrain (305/65/17)

I do not do much offroading except the beach and if i do go it is rarely extreme.

i was wondering if this is a good wheel and tire combination

and secondly, if it will cause rubbing for mild offroading.

Lastly, i was wondering if i would also have to buy a new jack for this.

Also, if anyone has pictures of the mojave teflon 17s with 33s plssssssssssss Post pictures

Thank you in advance guys
You should be ok (no rubbing) with that tire size as long as you get wheels with 5" or less of backspacing.

No, your jack should be fine, you are only going up about 1/2 an inch.

I have heard good things about the ProComps. Not sure about the Mojaves, haven't seen any feedback from owners.
Old 08-21-2007, 08:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I talked to a guy at the tire shop who warned me about teflon wheels. He said they scratch really easily, just like teflon cooking pans. Just thought I would pass it along.

Quick Reply: help choosing wheels and tires