Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help a gal out - bumper suggestions?

Old 03-10-2010, 09:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by myklt8
I think they mean the one that looks like the old 80's style tube bumper (2 horizonal tubes)
Now I'm not sure. I looked at it on the Quadratec web site, and thought it looked good. But then I found an older thread on here asking for people's opinion on one in a picture, and there it didn't really look right. Possibly because the one in the thread had stock tires and height, and the one on the web site had a 2.5BB and larger tires? I don't know.

Or maybe I'm just an 80's kind of guy...
Old 03-10-2010, 10:00 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Grant09
Now I'm not sure. I looked at it on the Quadratec web site, and thought it looked good. But then I found an older thread on here asking for people's opinion on one in a picture, and there it didn't really look right. Possibly because the one in the thread had stock tires and height, and the one on the web site had a 2.5BB and larger tires? I don't know.

Or maybe I'm just an 80's kind of guy...
In all honesty, it is whatever you want, nobody's opinion matters but your own.
most of these style I have seen have been chrome (really did not like them!)
but if you like the look, go for it, you will be happier if you like , than if the masses do
Old 03-10-2010, 10:44 AM
JK Freak

If you posted a pic of yourself we could better match a bumper to
your looks!!(lol)
We all know how girls like to match.
Old 03-10-2010, 10:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Bumper

The Rugged Ridge modular bumper is the way to go. Easy installation and you can add to it as you grow with your Jeep.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jeep022710.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	79.8 KB
ID:	38571  
Old 03-10-2010, 10:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by myklt8
most of these style I have seen have been chrome (really did not like them!)
Definitely NOT the chrome ones...
Old 03-10-2010, 11:19 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by countrygal26
Let me preface this with, I'm not an off-road enthusiast (not that I won't be one day), have no clue how to off-road and probably won't for some time. I want to customize my JK, but for the most part for looks only.

After doing research for hours, I'm about to give up on my search for a non-factory bumper for my 07' JK. A lady plowed into me last week and now I have a reason to put a new front bumper on. I want one with the factory fog light cut-outs as I already have those installed. I'm not a fan of the stubby bumpers and for what reason would I need one? I initially liked the looks of the tube bumper by Rugged Ridge, but after reading the hatred toward that style on the JK, I've opted against it. Ideally, I want something thats practical from a resale standpoint, as who knows when I might get an itchin' to sale it (although its paid for, so this is unlikely for a while). Also, after reading about different weights and stuff, I'm thoroughly confused.

In a nutshell, I'm trying to make an educated decision on my own and would like some recommendations on a front bumper that I can put on my JK that will cause no issues as far as functionality (i.e. weight/lowering) and has the cut-outs. Any help you can offer, would be GREATLY appreciated. I am female if that gives you insight on my limited knowledge of all things mechanical!
Welcome to the forum! The Rugged Ridge Modular bumpers are pretty popular. You can also customize them the way you like. I've seen them first hand and they seem sturdy.
Old 03-10-2010, 11:38 AM
JK Super Freak

Check out pics, and prices, and get the bumper that appeals to YOU the most. Who cares what anyone else thinks. In the long run you'll get a lot more satisfaction customizing the Jeep the way you want it--not based on what others may think. I happen to like the some of the tube style bumpers. There is actually one I see once in awhile around town, lifted, with a woman driving it. Looks pretty nice IMO. Now the only thing I would stay away from, as someone else said on here, is the chrome .
Old 03-10-2010, 11:55 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I wonder....wouldda dude got this much "help" this quick. ROTFLMAO
Old 03-10-2010, 11:56 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
My former pastor, who has owned Jeeps forever, has one (not sure what brand) and I think it looks fine. Not what I'd pick, but why should that matter? Here's his (LOL--He knew who to call when he ended up in a ditch during a record setting, white-out blizzard last Christmas Eve) ...

So that's the pic behind the story? Cool. Where's the ditch picture? I know you took one.
Old 03-10-2010, 12:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm a fan of the MBRP full width bumper (comes in stubby size as well), should be able to find a number of pics on the site.

Has space for the factory fogs and a light bar if you wanted to further customize the look.

Quick Reply: Help a gal out - bumper suggestions?