Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help a gal out - bumper suggestions?

Old 03-11-2010, 01:24 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by countrygal26
... Weight on the bumper is 66lbs. Is this really something I need to concern myself with fixing? I read where you can just add some coil spacers or something, which obviously I personally have no idea how to do. ...
Yes, coil spacers will do the job. They come in various sizes. You may want to just wait until you have the bumper installed, then measure and see what you need. Do be aware that the Jeep has about 1/2" drop on the front bumper stock ("factory rake"), and many folks (most?) prefer to get rid of that. So, you might want to measure the Jeep before the mod, add 1/2", then order that height spacer (or one a smidgeon shorter, if necessary). If you talk to David at Northridge4x4, he will give you great advice. Here's his coil spacer page ...

Northridge4x4 Coil Spacer Page

BTW: This is a pretty easy mod. As someone else suggested, you can probably offer up a six pack or beer (to be drank after the work is done!), or maybe a lunch of pizza, and get a couple local Jeepers to help you out, both with the Mopar bumper (I think a good choice for you, if you can get it for factory fogs), and with the spacers.

Good luck and be sure to post some pictures afterward!
Old 03-11-2010, 05:15 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
It wasn't very impressive. To tell the truth it was bitterly cold and the roads were extremely icy (stop me if you've heard this before--LOL). As I tried to pull Jerrell out my Jeep would slide sideways on the ice, headed for the ditch, too. So, we handed Curtis a shovel (one of those little folding kind--poor kid!) and he started digging. I should have gotten a good picture then, but I was freezing my butt off. Anyway, didn't think to take some pic's until after we had him out of the ditch, so here's the ditch. You can't tell he was up to the axles in mud underneath all of that snow. Really not very impressive unless you saw it first hand ...

It musta been REAL cold to "keep" you from takin any more pictures. Glad I live down here.
Old 03-11-2010, 06:01 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

mbrp non winch is the way to go.

Click image for larger version

Name:	full front 1.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	94.9 KB
ID:	38638

Click image for larger version

Name:	full front.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	91.3 KB
ID:	38639

Last edited by Hbomb; 03-11-2010 at 06:04 AM.

Quick Reply: Help a gal out - bumper suggestions?