Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with getting a true level lift

Old 04-23-2017, 05:10 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with getting a true level lift

My wife has a 14 jku sport. Currently has a 1.5" tf puck leveling kit on it. I'm have a set of 315/70's that are going on with some flat fenders. Doing all this has got me second guessing the leveling kit. As it sits right now with the hard top on and stock bumpers it is half an inch higher in the rear measuring off the pinch seams. With the top off the rake looks stock again. I have looked at the rk 1.5" the aev 2" and everything still seems to have a rake to it. I could get different size pucks but I'm trying to get away from them now and get coils and new shocks. Does anyone have any suggestions on what Setups actually maintain a level look with the top off?
Old 04-23-2017, 05:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You could try different lift springs front and rear, 3 in front and 2 in rear for example to keep it level with the top off. JKS makes adjustable coil spacers which would allow you to set the ride height how you like.
Old 04-23-2017, 05:51 AM
JK Newbie

I was trying to stay below 2.25" to keep from having to do control arms and trackbars and stuff. Being that it's my wife I don't want to worry about changing the geometry to much. I'm gonna look into the adjustable coilover spacers.
Old 04-23-2017, 07:43 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

JKS ACOS adjustable coil over spacer. Expensive but will do what you are asking.

The only way you are going to get a coil set up that does not change when you remove a big chunk of weight is to run a rate so high there is very little compression at ride height in them. It would be a rough ride.
Old 04-23-2017, 11:11 AM
JK Newbie

That's what I was afraid of. I'm okay with a .5" of rake without the top it just seems as of right now I'm back stock once the top comes off
Old 04-24-2017, 08:21 AM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

JKS does make the ACOS spacers, which are nice but will add height right out of the gate. JKS's JSpec springs are also something for you to consider. They give you a level stance 99% of the time, depending on how your JK is outfitted, and any differences can be corrected with trim spacers instead of full blown pucks. The front springs provide the advertised lift amount, and the rears follow, giving you between 3/4-1" less in the rear than the front. The ride is great and the performance and handling are top notch.

If you're looking to refresh the underside of your Jeep, I'd pick up a basic 2.5" JSpec kit and get yourself a proper suspension system instead of piecing it together. It'll take care of all of the issues you run into with a coil lift in one swoop. It will correct your caster and will provide you with a track bar and all of the necessary brackets to nail all of your alignment. Do it once and do it right, your wife will dig it when it's done.

Last edited by Trail Jeeps; 04-24-2017 at 08:23 AM.
Old 04-24-2017, 09:19 AM
JK Newbie

Does jks make any smaller coils than the 2.5"? After looking into the adjustable spacers I don't think that's something I want to deal with.
Old 04-25-2017, 12:48 PM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jstrong394
Does jks make any smaller coils than the 2.5"? After looking into the adjustable spacers I don't think that's something I want to deal with.
They don't, 2.5" is as low as they go. Like I said, just a basic JSpec 2.5 kit will do WONDERS for your Jeep. Obviously it's all money, but doing the basics in one shot like that are worthwhile, and you're getting a lot for your money. Road manners are impeccable and you don't any alignment or reliability issues to worry about.

Quick Reply: Help with getting a true level lift