Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

HELP...LED Headlights wont stay on!

Old 04-25-2016, 05:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ronjenx
Maybe you read that in post 11, above?
Hah your right. I've been reading so many I forget sometimes where I read them at.

I ordered some 50W resistors to see if it fixes the problem. Thanks for the input y'all.
Old 12-07-2021, 06:09 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I realize this is an old thread from 2016 and this technology probably wasnt around then maybe. However, I have a 2007 Jeep JK with this same problem and wanted to update the thread with a fix since there may be people out there still driving 2007 JKs that are experiencing this very frustrating problem when upgrading to LED Headlights. I finally figured it out from help that I got reading another thread on another website. The 2007 TIPM shuts off the power to the LED headlights because they are not receiving the correct voltage the TIPM is expecting. It is a super frustrating problem to have but an easy fix.

A set of "T 50W 8RJ" resistors on the high and low beams fixes the issue whether you are running straight from the stock connector (You will still get flicker without the PWM adapters) or if you are running the rallylights harness which runs power straight from the battery with its own relays like I am. SEALIGHT makes these in H13 and H4 connectors. They are plug and play. Just be sure to mount the resistors on a non plastic surface as they get super hot and will melt plastic during normal use.

RallyLights Harness - HL28130JP H13 to H4 Upgrade Headlamp Harness - Jeep JK Wrangler 2007>

SEALIGHT Resistor Adapters - https://www.amazon.com/SEALIGHT-Resi...932492&sr=8-21

Last edited by cbrucez28; 12-07-2021 at 06:16 PM.

Quick Reply: HELP...LED Headlights wont stay on!