Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help make a decision.

Old 01-10-2013, 05:44 AM
Super Moderator

Received 80 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Tripletsi
Having wheel spacers is the same as an aftermarket wheel with a 4.75" backspace. You'll put as much wear and tear on components either way you do it. I've had my wheel spacers on for 10k miles without a single issue. Proper maintenance is key, if you're lazy just buy new wheels then.
I agree. Go with the spacers and get the tires you like. You can always get wheels later down the road if you like. I happen to think aggressive tires on the stock wheels look good anyways. As far as tires, if I was choosing from the 3 you listed, I would go duratrac because of the snow and rain. If I had to recommend a good tire that is more aggressive, I would say trail grapplers
Old 01-10-2013, 07:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did not look to see what model u have but I ha a Sahara and bought wheels and tire for 17s almost just as cheap as just tires for 18s.

Quick Reply: Help make a decision.