JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   Modified JK Tech (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/)
-   -   Help me decide RockKrawler or Metalcloak (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/help-me-decide-rockkrawler-metalcloak-262606/)

matprovo 02-01-2013 03:04 AM

3 Attachment(s)
I have the MC Game Changer Lite and I was very skeptical of the OME shocks. Well there was nothing to be worried about this set up is just amazing. Best riding Jeep I've been in and several others who have driven my rig say the same thing.

Rock Krawler Suspension 02-01-2013 06:02 AM

If you are planning on running 37's, then high steer will be almost required to reduce stress on the steering system and related components. That will require you to run at a minimum of 3" bump stops up front so alot of the extra up travel gained from other products will then become useless.

We can tell you this; Our Krawler Joints are true spherical joints and have been well proven for 10 years and counting. All of our systems come with a lifetime warranty on hard parts. Our system handle as tight as any system in the industry and all of our components are tuned to work together. To us, it is not about just Crawling anymore. It is about doing it all! All of our systems are upgradeable as well to a long arm system. Our high clearance independent 3 Link long arm systems were dubbed by JP Magazine as the best suspension design ever for a street driven Jeep!

RK

Nwapache 02-01-2013 06:39 AM

Rock Krawler, hands down.... They've been there, done that, have thousands of kits on the trail, no complaints, and an abuse proof warranty.

ttechris 02-01-2013 06:57 AM

I can't speak for the whole suspension, but the Metal Cloak arms are really nice! They ride great, and they allow for very smooth articulation without any bind.

That being said I also have some RK products on my Jeep and their stuff is BEAFY! I have a set of RK long arms coming in the mail to replace my MetalCloak arms b/c I really like their 3 link setup, and was really impressed on the quality of their other parts.

I think you can't go wrong with either setup!

atmotocrosser 02-01-2013 07:19 AM

I'm torn as well. Looking to do either one on my 13 JKUR

Rock Krawler Suspension 02-01-2013 07:24 AM

You will love that long arm setup! Your ride quality will improve greatly on the street since the geometry is 100% bind free, the cross over angles are unreal, and it's ability to articulate freely gives you the best balance off-road of any system out there so you and your rig will be as stable as possible in all conditions.

RK

ranjr 02-01-2013 10:09 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Since we're showing flex pictures! This isn't mine but I pulled it off Facebook. It belongs to a user on JK O, HikeBikeDrive on FB.

Attachment 416991

Yes, that's a 37 in front of it.

Rock Krawler Suspension 02-01-2013 12:32 PM

With MC's overline fenders (which are nice products), they are allowed to offer more compression than most suspension wise. Keep in mind, having that amount of articulation is cool, but on a Mid Arm 5 Link system, you will generate a ton of axle steer and require alot of bushing distortion to allow for that much travel. On a long arm system, alot of that will be voided out for sure. Especially one that is bind free.

Either way. They are good products and good luck with your builds guys..

RK

Pluke the 2 02-01-2013 01:00 PM

Besides running coilovers and metalcloak shocks, there are no shocks on the market that will compete against OME Long Travel shocks. For the money, they are the best hands down.

Suspension.... you don't need a long arm at that size lift as nothing will be binding......

High Steer will kill your uptravel and it would be a waste to buy if you bought metalclock shocks.

JohnnyQuik 02-01-2013 01:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Both are really great brands and the top of the JK suspension game. Both have some really cool proprietary technology. You really can't go wrong.

Enough ramp pics. Here's RK flexing in the real world...

Attachment 417080