Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Help needed for lift kit installation, Silicon Valley

Old 03-21-2016, 06:26 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help needed for lift kit installation, Silicon Valley

Hi guys, I am a freshman of here, so glad to join this big community!

I have a 2016 Jeep 2 door and I bought a Rubicon Express 3.5 standard lift kit with Rancho RS9000 shocks, front control arm drop brackets and exhaust spacer kit.

I'm planning to install it myself however since I've never done anything under a Jeep so I am afraid I might screw anything up. So I wonder if anybody lives near Bay Area with any experiences would like to give me a hand with installation? I am willing to pay or buy you lunch or beer! I just do not want to take it to a shop, I want to do it myself so that I can learn my way with my Jeep down the road if anythings happens to her.

So please let me know! I have the basic tools, floor jack and stand.

Thank you so much for any body's interests!!!
Old 03-21-2016, 07:42 PM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Lift Kit Install

Originally Posted by chris_bangbang
Hi guys, I am a freshman of here, so glad to join this big community!

I have a 2016 Jeep 2 door and I bought a Rubicon Express 3.5 standard lift kit with Rancho RS9000 shocks, front control arm drop brackets and exhaust spacer kit.

I'm planning to install it myself however since I've never done anything under a Jeep so I am afraid I might screw anything up. So I wonder if anybody lives near Bay Area with any experiences would like to give me a hand with installation? I am willing to pay or buy you lunch or beer! I just do not want to take it to a shop, I want to do it myself so that I can learn my way with my Jeep down the road if anythings happens to her.

So please let me know! I have the basic tools, floor jack and stand.

Thank you so much for any body's interests!!!
Honestly, installing a lift kit isn't too bad. Just take your time and read through your directions step by step. However, be prepared to spend more with that much life. You'll most likely run into driveshaft issues in the future. I attached a diagram that should be helpful for the front end. Sorry I'm at the other end of the country or I'd help you out. Oh and make sure you have a good torque wrench. Click image for larger version

Name:	jk-alignment.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	572.1 KB
ID:	641347
Old 03-21-2016, 08:12 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tilly
Honestly, installing a lift kit isn't too bad. Just take your time and read through your directions step by step. However, be prepared to spend more with that much life. You'll most likely run into driveshaft issues in the future. I attached a diagram that should be helpful for the front end. Sorry I'm at the other end of the country or I'd help you out. Oh and make sure you have a good torque wrench. Attachment 641347

Thank you so much for your response, I do really appreciate it!

I've done tons of research and videos, I think I've known 90% of the steps I will be going. I am just not really confident to do it all by myself since this would be my first time, and I think someone with more knowledge or experiences would be great to avoid mistakes.

However thank you anyway! I will at the forum a lot. I've been reading threads for the past three months, just registered tough. haha
Old 03-22-2016, 07:04 AM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chris_bangbang
Thank you so much for your response, I do really appreciate it!

I've done tons of research and videos, I think I've known 90% of the steps I will be going. I am just not really confident to do it all by myself since this would be my first time, and I think someone with more knowledge or experiences would be great to avoid mistakes.

However thank you anyway! I will at the forum a lot. I've been reading threads for the past three months, just registered tough. haha
When I put mine on I had no experience what so ever with anything under the jeep. If you have put in the research you say you have you will be fine. It is nice to have an extra set of hands though so get a buddy to help with handing you tools and getting the occasional pesky bolt unstuck.
Old 03-22-2016, 07:11 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

If you want to drive up to RENO I will walk you thru it. I have all the tools needed as well as a lift.

Quick Reply: Help needed for lift kit installation, Silicon Valley