Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

help a newbie !!!

Old 09-14-2012, 11:45 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help a newbie !!!

Can anybody tell me where can I find this type of bushing ... I'm not familiar with Jeep and my mechanic can't seem to find the type of bushing he needs to fix my jeep !!! please help so I can take my jeep off road, it's a 07Jku ... not knowing too much about Jeeps when I bought it ... the dealer kinda screw me, but that's their job, now that I felt in love with the beast ... I want to fix it properly ... but I need help ...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3413820359.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	365692   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2915250904.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	365693  
Old 09-14-2012, 11:53 AM
JK Freak

Cheapest way is go check out a local junkyard with a jk in it an pull what you need off it. Nothing wrong with a little recycling
Old 09-14-2012, 11:55 AM
JK Newbie

You're right but not for bushings ... I need em brand new !!!!
Old 09-14-2012, 12:17 PM
JK Super Freak

Looks like a bad tie rod end joint. Also looks like a after market steering tie rod. I'm pretty sure I know what tie rod end it is but can't say what it is on the forum. Pm me. Maybe I can help you figure it out.
Old 09-14-2012, 02:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is not a tie rod. It is a drag link. It is also a flipped drag link. From the color and finish it looks like a rubicon express product. I have their trackbars and they look the same with that awesome silver powdercoat. It is definatlly flipped so a junk yard drag link wont help you, as that would get mounted on the bottom of the steering knuckle with the castle nut on top. Send a good picture to Rubicon Express then call them.
Old 09-14-2012, 02:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

By the way...a MAJOR issue in your picture....that JAM nut needs to be tight against the drag link or else the threads will pull out of it and you will find yourself with ZERO steering.
Old 09-14-2012, 02:10 PM
JK Jedi

you need a new tie rod end for that... also that big nut on there is a jam nut and is supposed to be snug against the tube, not loose like your pic.
Old 09-14-2012, 02:18 PM
JK Freak

Definitely a flipped drag link. Just looks like the tie rod boot needs to be replaced? I am not familiar with the RE products but my Evo flip has a tie rod boot covering the joint. You can get a universal boot from any auto parts store. However, I did hear they don't fit exactly and the easiest way to fix the snug problem is to use a black zip tie at the base of the boot. And tighten that jam nut!
Old 09-14-2012, 02:19 PM
JK Newbie

I hope my mechanic will catch all those problems ... I hate the fact that idk what the f is going on under my car !!!! :(( Dude u can tell parts judging the powder coating ... that's unreal !!!!! I hope I'll get to the bottom of all this and learn a Lil bit !!!
Old 09-14-2012, 02:27 PM
JK Newbie

It's not a RE. Drag link and that's not a jam nut, pm me and I can tell you who makes that drag link, and how to ajust it. I think northrige 4x4 carries that brand now.

Quick Reply: help a newbie !!!