Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help please rough suspension

Old 01-05-2013, 02:05 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help please rough suspension

Please help I'm having trouble working out why my suspension on my 2012 jk unlimited is so rough its getting unbearable:mad I have searched the threads and was unable to find anything.
I'm running 2" Synergy springs front and rear, Teraflex 1" spring spacers, Teraflex tuned Fox 2.0 RR shocks front and rear, Teraflex monster track bar, Teraflex rear track bracket and Currie lower front arms.
Stock 31' tires at 28psi soon to have 33's fitted.
Aligned lasted week and came up spot on.
I have loosened all suspension components allowed it to settled and retorqued.
On big flowing bumps with no edges it's smooth as butter however when I hit small or large sharp or square edge bumps (we have alot of these here in Australia) its like the suspension is solid and is felt all through the car.
The front springs have the top 4' of the coil fully compressed when sitting level (been like this since new) the shop I brought them off tells me there ment to be like that and that part of the coil expands under full travel and is to catch the suspension as the spring begins to compress from full travel.
Is it the spring is it the shocks?
Should I be running the Teraflex springs with the Teraflex tuned shocks?
Please help its driving me mad
Old 01-05-2013, 04:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm no expert, but I'd be looking at the shocks. However, if you're going to install 33's soon, I would wait until after you install them before changing anything.
Old 01-05-2013, 05:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nichl
The front springs have the top 4' of the coil fully compressed when sitting level (been like this since new) the shop I brought them off tells me there ment to be like that and that part of the coil expands under full travel and is to catch the suspension as the spring begins to compress from full travel.
Sounds right.
Old 01-05-2013, 06:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nichl
Please help I'm having trouble working out why my suspension on my 2012 jk unlimited is so rough its getting unbearable:mad I have searched the threads and was unable to find anything.
I'm running 2" Synergy springs front and rear, Teraflex 1" spring spacers, Teraflex tuned Fox 2.0 RR shocks front and rear, Teraflex monster track bar, Teraflex rear track bracket and Currie lower front arms.
Stock 31' tires at 28psi soon to have 33's fitted.
Aligned lasted week and came up spot on.
I have loosened all suspension components allowed it to settled and retorqued.
On big flowing bumps with no edges it's smooth as butter however when I hit small or large sharp or square edge bumps (we have alot of these here in Australia) its like the suspension is solid and is felt all through the car.
Is it the spring is it the shocks?
Should I be running the Teraflex springs with the Teraflex tuned shocks?
Please help its driving me mad
What size rims? If you are running 31" tires on 17 or 18" tires I could see that being a bit stiffer ride. I would wait until you get 33s and run then around 26-28PSI. It's a Jeep and once you start lifting them and changing tire size, don't expect to hit sharp rocks or edges and for it to ride the same as a long bump. The suspension reacts different between the two types of terrain, so that's typical. You have a good suspension setup now, your shocks might need to be tuned a bit more (softened) for the ride you want, but it doesn't really sound like there's any problem with the setup you have. If you're driving fast and hit these bumps, don't expect it be nice and smooth lol

Quick Reply: Help please rough suspension