Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hemi or Supercharger on a 2012?

Old 01-03-2013, 03:47 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ChargedJK
We are coming out with a system for the 3.6. It will be bolt on with an integrated intercooler. The initial design is done and engineering is working on a prototype that should be running by February. We should have production systems on the shelf by June. The system is designed for lots of low end torque.
I was referring to my earlier post of installing a Hemi and then bolting on a SC.
Old 01-03-2013, 04:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its hard to replace the low end torque of a newer V8. A supercharger on a jk is a completely different animal than a Hemi or a LS motor. They all have a purpose and help immensly. I can speak for an LS motor I had in my prior YJ. It was alot of fun and the gas mleage was way better than the stock motor. Playing in the sand in 4hi the Jeep was amazing. Never bogged down and was very quick. If you go wih a V8 its hard to beat the Chevy LS motors. Lighter than Hemis, more horsepower when comparing stock for stock and definitely better gas mileage. Plus if you mate the LS with a 6L80E transmission you will have a great package. If you get it professionally installed and from the posts i've been reading you can get the LS package installed cheaper than the Hemi package. Dont get me wrong, its still alot of coin..
Old 01-04-2013, 02:12 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Smashboogie 4x4
I was referring to my earlier post of installing a Hemi and then bolting on a SC.
Well that sounds even better!
Old 01-05-2013, 04:04 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by RIPPMODS
With the exception of the ability to upload our tune, our System has been ready to go for the past 13 months, we are just waiting on the Diablosport unit to be more stable in it's uploading to the locked PCM, We expect release in 45 days.

Attachment 405235

Attachment 405236

We have designed our system to produce significant power gains throughout the entire RPM band, not in just one spot. Expect to see gains whether crawling through Pritchett Canyon trail in Moab, or Doing 75 MPH () with traffic on 37's on I80, without having to downshift.

RIPP

I'm in,,,,

Quick Reply: Hemi or Supercharger on a 2012?