Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hi !!!, Oh and I have to have those ProComp rims!

Old 11-15-2006, 05:46 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi !!!, Oh and I have to have those ProComp rims!

I've posted once or twice guess I should finally say Hi... So HI!!!

First I have to say that "Way of Life" is working hard and it shows, this site is great.

This has been my biggest dilema picking the rims/tires (It seems most of us are having the same prob)... I will get a 3" lift and have decided that I want the Rims on the Steel Blue JK shown at SEMA in the Project JK Gallery.

Procomp doesn't currently make them (at least not black chrome). So If anyone at ProComp is reading this. I want those Rims off that JK. Please sell them to me. I will take all 5 of those including the tires tomorrow if you send me a private message. Otherwise does anyone here know how I can call them to ask about buying them (their site doesn't advertise a phone number).

If I can't get those awesome Black Chrome rims, then I will just stick with what I have and put 35" tires on them until something grabs me.

Still deciding between the 4" Superlift and 3" Full traction also... Good problems to have I guess.

Anyway. Cheers!!!
Old 11-15-2006, 05:48 PM
JK Newbie

http://www.project-jk.com/wp-gallery...g2_itemId=7590

Heres the Link...
Old 11-15-2006, 06:02 PM
JK Jedi Master

Procomp makes a set in the brushed aluminum, check out 4wd.com

and hit the JK link.

or call my wife at 1.800.333.5535 ext 870..

welcome to the site
Old 11-15-2006, 06:09 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Piginajeep
Procomp makes a set in the brushed aluminum, check out 4wd.com

and hit the JK link.

or call my wife at 1.800.333.5535 ext 870..

welcome to the site
Yeah the aluminum is alright but for some weird reason it's the Black Chrome that I want. It's that actual set if possible? It looks like the perfect offset etc...
Old 11-15-2006, 06:53 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Thanks RoadTrip, it's good to have ya on the board!

As far as the black chrome (or what I thought was more like a nickle finsh) wheels go, yeah, they are sweet. Hopefully they will be made. There were a lot of wheels like that at SEMA... similar to another popular model but nowhere to be found in the catalogs or shops.
Old 11-15-2006, 07:22 PM
JK Freak

I know exactly what your going through, I found some wheels that I really wanted/want but they are no longer made (atleast that's what I've been told) there are some out there but not 5 on 5.....

Old 11-15-2006, 07:32 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by dhoffroad
I know exactly what your going through, I found some wheels that I really wanted/want but they are no longer made (atleast that's what I've been told) there are some out there but not 5 on 5.....

Those are sweet and yeah!!!

There are a bunch of cool wheels in the Sema Gallery but most seem impossible to get. Even the AEV wheels which kinda seemed to be on every other ride, aren't listed on their site either.

PRO Comp I'm begging you... Sell me those rims!!!
Old 11-15-2006, 07:35 PM
JK Jedi Master

promp makes them!!! exact ones im looking at getting

http://www.4wd.com/productdetails.as...3&pid=71896873

Old 11-15-2006, 07:38 PM
JK Freak

trust me I've seen both side by side and the pro comps ar'nt even close.....the eagles are a "satin" finish (looks like tefelon) and the "bead lock" ring is way wider and the "bolts" actualy look like bolts not just a part of the casting ( I think they are bolts that are inserted or threaded into the wheel) adn the "slits" in the bead lock are actualy slits that are milled all the way thru not just indentions in the casting ,I actualy had to look at the side of the wheel to make sure it was'nt a true bead lock...LOL....I personaly hate the "gloss black" powder coat wheels....

Last edited by dhoffroad; 11-15-2006 at 07:42 PM.
Old 11-15-2006, 07:43 PM
JK Jedi Master

trust me I've seen both side by side and the pro comps ar'nt even close.....the eagles are a "satin" finish (looks like tefelon) and the "bead lock" ring is way wider and the "bolts" actualy look like bolts not just a part of the casting ( I think they are bolts that are inserted or threaded into the wheel) ,I actualy had to look at the side of the wheel to make sure it was'nt a true bead lock...LOL....I personaly hate the "gloss black" powder coat wheels....

i know they are different, but its very close.

I know some procomp as the teflon finish. So they might make ones that are the same

it also looks like you can put the wider beadlock ring, to make it appear they are beadlock, I would like to get that with the ring painted to match the body.

Quick Reply: Hi !!!, Oh and I have to have those ProComp rims!