Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

High Steer kit

Old 06-08-2008, 05:03 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default High Steer kit

Is there a high steer kit available for our JK's? RubyDoo's tie rod has a frown on it instead of being just neutral.
Old 06-08-2008, 05:47 AM
JK Junkie

Those are just replacment rods, I want a high steer kit, it puts the rods on the topside instead of being put in the bottom.
Old 06-08-2008, 06:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

try this site-

http://www.tntcustoms.com/treks_home.asp

Last edited by Robar; 01-13-2009 at 12:07 PM.
Old 06-08-2008, 02:41 PM
JK Freak

i don't think there will ever be a way to mount the tie rod "knuckle-over" due to the lack of clearance, like dr. dirty said.

it might be possible if there were a flat-top knuckle out there, or you made some kind of interted T steering setup.

if you do like dr. dirty does, and just use the tie rod to protect your differential, you would have a good reason to leave the tie rod where it is!
Old 06-08-2008, 02:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Check with PSC, they are doing steering upgrade stuff. I don't know if a high steer kit is one of the things they offer.
Old 06-08-2008, 05:56 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think one could be made for about $200 using rod ends and cro-mo tubing. It's on my list, just WAY down the list...
Old 06-09-2008, 06:30 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by jkkat
Is there a high steer kit available for our JK's? RubyDoo's tie rod has a frown on it instead of being just neutral.
'frown'? now that's funny!

in all seriousness, how bad is it? because, it being bent in and of itself is really not that big of a deal. sure your toe-in will be off but if the bend isn't too severe and your steering stabilizer is still clearing the axle mount, you can always adjust your toe back out and in a crazy kind of way, you'll actually have more clearance there. just because your tie rod is bent doesn't necessarily mean that it's broken and/or needs to be replaced.
Old 06-09-2008, 07:04 AM
JK Junkie

RubyDoo's is bent up ALOT, and in slightly.
Old 06-09-2008, 08:37 AM
JK Freak

i think that if the upper steering knuckle were replaced with some kind of flat steering arm with a bend in it, you could probably make room for going knuckle-over with the tie rod. having a flat knuckle on top would eleminate that protruding part on the bottom side of it.
there are plenty of companies that make flat knuckles for older axles, just not ours yet.

Quick Reply: High Steer kit