Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

HighRock 4x4 Rear Bumper with Tire Carrier by Bestop

Old 01-24-2012, 04:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Holy Crap

Finally got mine today! Have been waiting since May. Can't wait until this Saturday to put it on.
Old 01-25-2012, 04:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

still waiting here....
Old 01-31-2012, 10:00 AM
JK Newbie

Default Bumpstops

After watching the video Im a little concerned about the rattling, and not because of the noise. The reason I'm getting a new tire carrier is because the stock one cracked almost in half due to continuous bouncing on the road. I'm wondering if adding some extended bumpstops to the tailgate would help increase the life of the tire swing. Even a little bouncing over time significantly adds to the stress on the carrier.
Old 01-31-2012, 10:10 AM
JK Newbie

You know I waited and waited for this thing to come out. And in the time I waited I ended up saving for an LOD shorty with tire carrier, ordered that, installed it and don't regret it! No rattles and is one beefcake bumper!
Old 01-31-2012, 10:28 AM
JK Newbie

I'm looking into getting this bumper myself but don't want to wait forever either.

Have any of that have gone in a different direction been able to find a rear bumper that matches the finish of the Bestop bumpers?
Old 01-31-2012, 10:32 AM
JK Newbie

The LOD I picked up has about the same finish. Just not as glossy which I like better. I seriously was wanting this Bestop bumper but really got sick of waiting. Don't regret going to LOD at all, even with the extra expense.

Originally Posted by BocaIvan
I'm looking into getting this bumper myself but don't want to wait forever either.

Have any of that have gone in a different direction been able to find a rear bumper that matches the finish of the Bestop bumpers?
Old 01-31-2012, 01:54 PM
JK Newbie

I got mine this past Friday. Installed it Friday night. Pretty straight forward. As far as a rattle I don't see it. This thing is solid as a rock. No movement on the tire swing when it is shut. There are some bumpers on the swing arm that go against the tailgate and once adjusted with the turnbuckle attachment I don't see any movement. When I shut the tailgate it does shimmy for a second as it seats against the tailgate but really solid after shut.

I'll post some pics later. I also got the High Access front bumper last year and have been real happy with it. It was a long wait for this one. I ordered mine in August. Hopefully they speed up production for others. I would definitely buy it again and it was worth the wait.
Old 02-01-2012, 02:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Just got word today from Racemart that mine shipped this morning!

BTW they have 3 left if anyone wants one!!!
Old 02-01-2012, 02:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Bout time....worth the wait so far.

I just got mine yesterday and just walked in from the installation. I am very impressed so far with the fit, finish and sturdiness. Not a single rattle. I think if you don't have the heim joint tight enough between the tailgate and the carrier arm that may be the cause of any rattling people are experiencing. The spindle swivel arm is very well engineered with two greased bearings inside. It opens and closes really smooth. I have looked at numerous other tire carrier/bumpers that cost upwards of 900-1200 and I think this one is every bit as nice. It fits the contours of the jeep perfectly.

There is one issue tho..... I have stock rubi wheels and I can't mount my spare tire on the carrier as of yet. I set the adjustment on the mount after measuring my backspacing per the instructions and there is not enough room on the wheel studs to mount the tire.

I contacted Bestop and they are aware of the issue with stock rims and are supposed to be calling me tomorrow with the planned resolution. There are also no instructions or mounting hardware to mount a hi-lift jack like the product description says. Pretty sure I know where it goes but it is going to be awful close to the rear window so I want to make sure. I think if they are going to advertise it, they need to provide the hardware and a description. They are supposed to get back with me on this as well.

I will post more information when they contact me and post pics soon.
Old 02-01-2012, 03:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by msquaredIN
Just got word today from Racemart that mine shipped this morning!

BTW they have 3 left if anyone wants one!!!
one of them better be mine. Did you get an email notification from them?

Quick Reply: HighRock 4x4 Rear Bumper with Tire Carrier by Bestop