Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Highway vibration

Old 07-02-2014, 07:54 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Highway vibration

Hi everyone. I'm a newbie to this site. I have a 09 jk Sarah unlimited with a 4 inch suspension lift and running 295/60 18. After a rough winter in Chicago, I had a set of u-joints replaced on the front axle. Since then, running down the highway at around 65. I'm getting a vibration going through my steering wheel. All my tires have been balanced and rotated. Any suggestion on what it could be? Would a double steering stabilizer or just a new single stabilizer help?
Old 07-02-2014, 11:30 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The steering stabilizer shouldn't have anything to do with a vibration. Check your driveshafts for bad CV boots or if you have aftermarket shafts make sure they are greased. When was the last time you checked your diff fluids or did any transfer case maintenance?
Old 07-03-2014, 02:35 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Highway vibration

What is your Front pinion/caster angle.
Did you road force balance ?

2007 Rubicon /2 door/6 speed

Last edited by kjeeper10; 07-03-2014 at 02:40 AM.

Quick Reply: Highway vibration