Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Hothead Headliners

Old 03-20-2011, 04:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hothead Headliners

I got a set of the Hothead Headliners for my 2-Door JK. The adhesive that came with them didn't make it 12 hours before they came crashing down. I pulled them back out and used 3M velcro and now I'm having the same issue. Any suggestions on making these thing stick?
Old 03-20-2011, 04:47 PM
JK Newbie

Clean and dry the inside roof prior to sticking the Velcro. Stick Velcro to headliner first and press the whole thing up and then leave it. That's what we did with my wife's and have had no problems. Make sure it is warm in the cab as well.
Old 03-20-2011, 05:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Have had two Hotheads in two JK's and had no problems at all. Did you use the template included? I put my last one in with the velcro sticking to the headliner-put in place and applied good pressure, still sticking real good.
Old 03-20-2011, 05:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

i did use the templates and no luck. The velcro keeps coming loose from the hardtop. Its high quality Velcro as well.
Old 03-20-2011, 06:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

clean the area first and them put the templates, and get some crazy glue since this one will not stick so put them up with crazy glue and let them dry for some hours them you can put the panel.

my driver side had the same problem so i reclean it and did what i toll you
Old 03-20-2011, 07:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just made sure that I really cleaned the areas that the adhesive sticks too really well with rubbing alcohol.

Mine have been on over a year with no problems.
Old 03-20-2011, 07:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

My Hotheads have been on two years and still doing fine.

Flash
Old 03-20-2011, 07:22 PM
JK Freak

if u plan to keep them up there, try gorrilla glue.

Old 03-24-2011, 09:10 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
Hotheads Representative

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 3M adhesive

I just read this thread. This is the first we have heard about any of the rear headliner panels coming down that are attached with the 3M adhesive. This adhesive preformed great in our tests. We used 3X the weight to sq. inch of adhesive ratio that the headliner panels are and heated the hard top to 250-300 F for days on end. The sections of panels never fell even when we shook them violently. We are also using 8 to 10 times the amount of adhesive that was recommended by the reps at 3M. I wrote all that because I want everyone to know that we honestly believed that the 3M adhesive would not fail.
That being said, we will stand behind our headliners. If anyone is having this or any other problem please call or write and we will take care of the issue to your satisfaction.
714-872-2071
hotheadheadliners@gmail.com

Mark Ambrose

Originally Posted by JKPhoto
I got a set of the Hothead Headliners for my 2-Door JK. The adhesive that came with them didn't make it 12 hours before they came crashing down. I pulled them back out and used 3M velcro and now I'm having the same issue. Any suggestions on making these thing stick?
Old 03-25-2011, 05:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mcambrose
I just read this thread. This is the first we have heard about any of the rear headliner panels coming down that are attached with the 3M adhesive. This adhesive preformed great in our tests. We used 3X the weight to sq. inch of adhesive ratio that the headliner panels are and heated the hard top to 250-300 F for days on end. The sections of panels never fell even when we shook them violently. We are also using 8 to 10 times the amount of adhesive that was recommended by the reps at 3M. I wrote all that because I want everyone to know that we honestly believed that the 3M adhesive would not fail.
That being said, we will stand behind our headliners. If anyone is having this or any other problem please call or write and we will take care of the issue to your satisfaction.
714-872-2071
hotheadheadliners@gmail.com

Mark Ambrose
I can attest to the fact that if you've prepped your hard top properly (i.e. wipe it down with alcohol first) you should not have any issues with the velcro coming off the top, at least not without a struggle.

My HotHead Headliners have been through two winters and summers without any signs of the adhesive coming off and I installed them in less than ideal temps (late October in Canada).

Quick Reply: Hothead Headliners