Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

How does my drive shaft look?

Old 10-01-2007, 07:11 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone wanna donate to a replacement fund?

Seriously.
Old 10-01-2007, 07:31 AM
JK Freak

Are many people having problems like this that don't have adjustable control arms? I have the FT Premium lift and therefore don't have the adustable control arms... The Jeep drives fine... wondering if I'll need adjustable control arms... Is the pinon angle going to be off too much w/out them?
Old 10-01-2007, 07:35 AM
JK Freak

It seems like more and more people are having problems.
Old 10-01-2007, 10:04 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You will still have problems even with adjustable arms. The driveshafts are not a good design if you do any wheeling. They are not designed to get flexed out. The boot will break down and then the shaft will be shot. The boot is a non serviceble item.
Old 10-01-2007, 10:04 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You will still have problems even with adjustable arms. The driveshafts are not a good design if you do any wheeling. They are not designed to get flexed out. The boot will break down and then the shaft will be shot. The boot is a non serviceble item.
Old 10-01-2007, 12:54 PM
JK Newbie

you should have anticipated replacing atleast the rear DS. Par for the course when lifting a SWB vehicle any amount over 2". Even the newer XJs driveline oftentimes needed to be addressed after smaller lifts.
Old 10-01-2007, 01:20 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by SouthSideSteve
you should have anticipated replacing atleast the rear DS. Par for the course when lifting a SWB vehicle any amount over 2". Even the newer XJs driveline oftentimes needed to be addressed after smaller lifts.
Hind site is always 20/20... but I don't think anyone that hears all the hoopla out there about these 3" lifts and not needing to replace driveshafts would have 'anticipated replacing either DS'. However, shall that be the case, I'm game... hopefully it'll last a while as is.

BTW, Wayolife... are you running stock driveshafts? I thought you had quite a bit of miles on yours. Being that you wheel yours pretty good, how has yours held up?
Old 10-01-2007, 03:50 PM
JK Freak

Exactly, of i had known i would have had to get new DS and arms to adjust i would have just bit the bullet and got the ultimate instead of upgrading parts later on.

You may not have to get new DS with the ultimate kit, but you will with a kit that doesn't come with arms.
Old 10-01-2007, 04:43 PM
JK Freak

your issue is less with the fact that you don't have all the control arms and due more due to having a 3" lift on a 2 door.
3" without replacing driveshafts is fine on a 4 door, but usually not on a 2 door.
having all adjustable control arms might have bought you a little more time, but not prevented the problem. piginajeep had the exact same problem with his 2 door and he has the 3" FT Ultimate, with all adjustable control arms, on a 2 door.
Old 10-01-2007, 04:54 PM
JK Freak

what does yall front shaft look like w/ 4" 2dr or 4dr the front will be the same right

Quick Reply: How does my drive shaft look?