Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How far below pinch rail does the Rubi rail go?

Old 04-01-2015, 07:10 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How far below pinch rail does the Rubi rail go?

Kind of a weird question, but I'm wondering if I can fit Rubi rails about my Rugged Ridge sliders (like you can do with the ACE sliders). Can someone measure theirs for me? It might be easier to measure from the horizontal piece at the top of the pinch rail to the bottom of the Rubi rail...which ever is fine with me. If someone has the ACE with Rubi rails, if you could measure the clearance between the two, and the distance from the top of the ACE to the body.

Has anyone tried Rugged Ridge sliders with Rubi rails before?

Thanks!
Old 04-01-2015, 11:32 AM
JK Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default answer is

1/2inch from pinch seam to bottom of rail that's a measurement from about middle of the door so its only 1/2 from being flush with bottom of rail

Last edited by jeepmojo; 04-01-2015 at 11:44 AM.
Old 04-02-2015, 05:27 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jeepmojo
1/2inch from pinch seam to bottom of rail that's a measurement from about middle of the door so its only 1/2 from being flush with bottom of rail
Perfect, thanks!
Old 04-02-2015, 07:28 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Let us know how it fits and photos please.
Old 04-02-2015, 12:15 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by RodCyn
Let us know how it fits and photos please.
Just seeing if they'll fit for now, I want to make sure they'll go before I buy them. Even if it's tight, I think I'll be able to fit them with a bit of clearancing with a cut off wheel...
Old 04-07-2015, 05:58 AM
JK Newbie

I measured the Rugged Ridge sliders to be 1" from the bottom of the pinch weld, so the Rubi rails should fit no problem. Now I just need to find a cheap pair near Denver so I can fit them up
Old 02-16-2018, 05:41 AM
JK Newbie

Totally forgot about this thread, but shortly after my last post, I found some Rubi rails local, and they fit just fine. I had to remove the Rugged Ridge rails first to install them though. Also, the welds on the bottom of the Rubi rails are just at the wrong spot, and have a tendency to hit the RR tubes as they turn to go towards the body mounts. This creates a clunking noise when hitting bumps in the road. The issue wasn't terrible on the old Jeep ('13 JKUS), but it is a bit worse on the new one ('18 JKUS). I just grabbed some large rubber washers from Ace Hardware, pried down on the RR rail to provide a bit more clearance, then put the rubber washers between the two rails. Noise is completely gone.

Quick Reply: How far below pinch rail does the Rubi rail go?