Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

How has cut there front drop crossmember off?

Old 01-29-2007, 03:48 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wayoflife
Okay, I just looked through my AEV notes and price sheets and the reason why I thought this bumper was going to cost more is because of the shackles. Yes, the winch plate/bumper is only $249 but the shackles are $99 a piece. In other words, to get it to look like what you see, the total cost will be $447.

As far as your airbags go, they are not activated by the bumper or anything in it.
I'm interested in seeing who is going to drop $450 on that AEV simple winch/bumper and the shackles for it. You can get a lot nicer bumper for that price with everything already there, no hidden costs/surprises. Wondering how many they are going to sell at that price.
Old 09-07-2007, 06:42 PM
JK Freak

Default crossmember

I just got back from MOAB and mashed mine up to the swaybar motor. It will be cut off and replaced with something heavier when my shrockworks bumper(that was supposed to be here before trip) gets here. I will post a pic of bar soon.
Old 09-08-2007, 11:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

I am curious if that AEV plate could be used inside the factory bumper plastic. $249 for a dropped mount that will work with the factory components is worth it to me. I don't like how high the winch gets mounted with the Warn Universal bracket. Anyone know if this will work inside the factory setup?

Tom
Old 09-08-2007, 11:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TORN
I just got back from MOAB and mashed mine up to the swaybar motor. It will be cut off and replaced with something heavier when my shrockworks bumper(that was supposed to be here before trip) gets here. I will post a pic of bar soon.
Expedition One released a bare bones front bumper similiar to the AEV Military winch mount, that has a skid to protect the ESD. They cut off the cross peice and bolt the skid from the bumper to the cross' mounts that come down from the frame. It has to be dished to make room for the ESD, but it gives a little more clearance over all.
Old 09-08-2007, 12:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

This is what I was talking about.

Old 09-08-2007, 03:59 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jeepingib
This is what I was talking about.

That looks pretty cool
Old 09-08-2007, 09:13 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Really like that AEV bumper. Simple design and no laser cut logos to uglify it. Can't seem to find the shackles on Quadratec, anyone have a link to them?
Old 09-08-2007, 09:27 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can't find those trick D-Ring Shackles on the AEV website either...
Old 09-09-2007, 04:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

This is a good question! I was thinking the same thing myself. The only issue that I see is the possibility of the factory fogs not fitting. You would obviously have to cut the AEV bumper to allow them to fit, but I am not sure how close the winch will be to them. Also you would need to figure out how to secure the plastic portion of the factory bumper to the AEV one. I would like to think that it could be done though.

Originally Posted by Tom07JK
I am curious if that AEV plate could be used inside the factory bumper plastic. $249 for a dropped mount that will work with the factory components is worth it to me. I don't like how high the winch gets mounted with the Warn Universal bracket. Anyone know if this will work inside the factory setup?

Tom
Old 09-09-2007, 05:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

The factory fog cans are quite big. I had to modify mine slightly with the winch on top of the frame rails. I don't have an aftermarket bumper, so YMMV.

Quick Reply: How has cut there front drop crossmember off?