Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to mount aftermarket lights on factory bumper?

Old 06-16-2009, 02:39 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to mount aftermarket lights on factory bumper?

Has anyone tried mounting a set of aftermarket lights (KC's, PIAA's, or whatever) to the stock bumper? What is below the plastic? Where can they be mounted? I want to add a set of auxillary lights, probably a driving beam pattern for backroads/deer. I don't want to put them on the windshield because of glare issues. But at the same time, I don't want to replace my bumper just to be able to add fogs... Anyone? Pics would be most helpful!
Old 06-16-2009, 05:05 PM
JK Newbie

Check out this post from the Write-Ups forum...

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-write-ups-39/home-brew-light-bar-45124/

I think I saw brackets in the Quadratec catalog also but don't have it in front of me at the moment.

Bill
Old 06-16-2009, 05:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a grill guard from MBRP inc. They are a sponsor on here and its a great bar that mounts to a factory bumper and its got the mounting for lights!

without the lights.

with Piaa 520i`s fogs

if you go this way put your lights on first, its a pain to do it twice( I couldn`t wait) there are other posts with this grill guard. hope this helps you!
Old 06-16-2009, 05:51 PM
JK Super Freak

Here's an old pic of mine with the factory bumper....very simple, I just drilled a hole straight through the top of the bumper down through the plastic (outer bumper) and then through the metal (inner bumper)...just bolted them on, no problems!

Old 07-01-2009, 06:56 PM
MO4BOB

Bought the brackets from Quadratec for $69 + S&H to mount my PIAA 525s. Serious high gauge steel, no drilling, clean looks and extremely sturdy. Very pleased with them.
Old 07-01-2009, 08:17 PM
JK Newbie

Check out the home brew light bar post...https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45124

Bill

Quick Reply: How to mount aftermarket lights on factory bumper?