Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How much lift is too much?

Old 07-09-2008, 11:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How much lift is too much?

I know it is all relative to your opinion, personal or professional. It seems like I am happy and then I feel like I need more but I really do not know how to tell the amount I currently have. I have OME 619 HD springs with an additional 3/4“spacer up front and I have the TF 2.5 BB (pucks only) in the back. I do have a winch and custom (heavy) winch bumper.

I am considering a 1” BL only b/c I think it needs more lift and should look better; I have not rubbed any with my 33” tires, therefore I do not have to have it.

So I have 2 questions:

1. How can I effectively determine how much lift I am getting out of my suspension components?

2.Assuming the answer to #1 is around a 3” equivalent lift, would another 1” BL look bad with 33s?

Thanks
Old 07-09-2008, 11:56 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have 5inches of lift with 35's, in my opinion, I like it, I also have zenons. I don't think you can go wrong with what your planning, it's all in what YOU like, not someone else. At least I know I don't rub in any flex conditions!
Click image for larger version

Name:	172_7265rs.JPG
Views:	173
Size:	22.6 KB
ID:	10699
Old 07-09-2008, 11:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

A lift serves 2 functions: to provide for larger tires, and to provide for additional ground clearance/Break over Angle. The greater the lift height, the higher the center of gravity, the greater the tendency to tip. So, the correct amount of lift is user dependant. Meaning, if you're using your Jeep and the tires aren't rubbing and you're not getting high centered, you don't need to go any higher.
Old 07-09-2008, 12:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

AS ^^^ stated its what you want, I personally like to get it just right, not too big but big enough to get into trouble. I just like to keep it "sleeper" I guess. 33's r a nice size for my style, Good luck. JOE>
Old 07-09-2008, 12:34 PM
***erator

Heres how it works for me. I have a 3" lift with 35s. Some times I wish I had gone with the Rubi and the stock 32s, some times I wish I had gone 4" and 37s and most often I am perfectly happy. That being said It is a personal decision and depends on what u want (if u can make up your mind). IMO a 5 1/2" lift would be to much for a daily driver.
Old 07-12-2008, 01:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

I was gonna go with a 4" lift, but decided to go to the TF BB 2.5 lift. I am gonna run 33" on it. My JK is my daily driver and I don't plan on any hardcore offroad.

Quick Reply: How much lift is too much?