Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

ICON coilovers anyone?

Old 01-11-2014, 02:23 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If say 99% is closer to the number... Think about the multitudes that aren't jeep forum addicts.

But who cares... They bought the Jeep, let them do what they please.

And good job karls, it's tiring watching people either suck off David or pimp their bolt on, shop built rig like it was special. WOG lives strong in many folk here.
Old 01-11-2014, 02:34 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Matthewd5
But did you see the YouTube video where the 3 1/2 day build is compressed to just 9 minutes?

matthew
Yes, I watched it roll around and a couple guys move some pieces around, up and down on the lift, back and forth with axles, scoot the tires back and such. Sadly, it shouldn't have taken that long to do.

Best of luck to whoever does whatever with their vehicle but please don't try to tell everyone that you spend 30% of your time offroad. I doubt you spend 110 days a year out on the trail. Dirtman is good with pointing this out to people who think they are hardcore offroaders yet they ask how they should properly add coil spacers. Abendx is another favorite here for helping people realize that if you can't rotate your own tires that you probably don't possess the knowledge to make an educated choice on a suspension system.
Old 01-11-2014, 03:13 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by karls
Yes, I watched it roll around and a couple guys move some pieces around, up and down on the lift, back and forth with axles, scoot the tires back and such. Sadly, it shouldn't have taken that long to do.

Best of luck to whoever does whatever with their vehicle but please don't try to tell everyone that you spend 30% of your time offroad. I doubt you spend 110 days a year out on the trail. Dirtman is good with pointing this out to people who think they are hardcore offroaders yet they ask how they should properly add coil spacers. Abendx is another favorite here for helping people realize that if you can't rotate your own tires that you probably don't possess the knowledge to make an educated choice on a suspension system.
well said sir!
Old 01-11-2014, 06:23 PM
JK Junkie

I never said that I spend 30% of my time off road! that is a ludacris number, if I ever posted that it was a typo! or your thinking of someone else..

And it did seem like it took them a bit longer to work on it than what others told me to expect, but I had budgeted a certain amount and that is what I paid...

my dealer does free oil changes and tire rotations, so why not let them do it, plus on 12/31 I had shoulder surgery that kept me from doing a lot of things for the last couple of months.

I've never said my Jeep was some great masterpiece, it's been nicely modified to suit my needs, I posted the video of the build because I thought people would find it interesting, and from the pm's I got a bunch of people loved it.

matthew
Old 01-11-2014, 06:25 PM
JK Junkie

Not all of that was you Matthew. Surely you are aware how many people come on here looking for "the best lift kit" advice because they spend soooooooooooo much time offroad (three times a year).
Old 01-11-2014, 06:47 PM
JK Junkie

Not all of that was you Matthew. Surely you are aware how many people come on here looking for "the best lift kit" advice because they spend soooooooooooo much time offroad (three times a year).
It sure seemed focused at me!

I've spent a ton of time on here answering newbie questions...

most everyone starts out as a newbie at something they are trying.

matthew

Quick Reply: ICON coilovers anyone?