Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Icon Track Bar Adjustment

Old 10-24-2015, 04:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kjeeper10
X2 I took my Synergy bar off, disassembled the adjuster, cleaned everything up and it was still tough to adjust. I ended up taking a wooden wedge and banging it in between the clamps. This made it easily adjustable by hand. I sold the bar but told the new owner to keep the wedge in place until the axle was centered.
Interesting idea. I never would have considered the wedge as an option. I'll try that for sure, thanks for the suggestion.
Old 10-24-2015, 09:40 AM
JK Super Freak

I needed one for my lfca's. I just measured distance across holes, then went online and found one with same distance, then ground down diameter of tips to fit holes.
Old 10-24-2015, 11:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GunDude
I needed one for my lfca's. I just measured distance across holes, then went online and found one with same distance, then ground down diameter of tips to fit holes.
Another great idea. I just went to Harbor Freight today and picked up a pack of 5 pin punches for about $7. I tested it in the original, the 1/4" punch fits perfect. When (or I should say if) the new collar arrives, I'll start the install. It's killing me waiting for such a small component. I've sure matured over the years. When I was in my 20's an 30's I would have started without it... And many of the required tools. Now I over plan for everything. Lists and checklists! Life is funny.

Quick Reply: Icon Track Bar Adjustment