Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

ideas on interior door lock security without any top on.

Old 06-17-2018, 04:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Carrying the Yeti with the top down and doors off is tricky. I certainly don't advertise it! I use a master lock cable and run it through as many loops on the cooler as I can and secure it to the Jeeps tire down rings. Not impenetrable but someone would have to basically ruin the cooler to steal it. I put it under the folded soft top and cover it with a towel. After that it's🤞🏻. If the tailgate is locked then the contents of the cubby are pretty secure. Last thing I installed was a tufty security glove box where I can put semi valuable items. I don't keep anything of value in the plastic center console. I feel one good tug and you're in.
Old 06-17-2018, 06:21 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think the best thing I can do is install a kill switch and just do that every night. Thanks again for all the good replies
Old 06-17-2018, 03:31 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

You realize that the jeep has a built in "kill switch" of sorts, right? Someone can copy your key but without programming it (2 working keys or full on dealership codes) it'll start, run for half of a second, then shut off. SKIM is what it's called, look it up if that interests you. It works pretty well, I cut my own key and started the jeep without programming it, just to have it shut right back off. Programmed it and it works as my keys normally do.

Quick Reply: ideas on interior door lock security without any top on.