Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Input needed Toyo MT vs. Nitto Mud Grappler

Old 03-26-2007, 08:15 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Input needed Toyo MT vs. Nitto Mud Grappler

I ordered The 35" Nitto Mudgrapplers, they should be in, in a day or so. I have been having second thoughts though. I am worried that they will be to loud and the only other tire I liked, were the Toyo MT's.

Anyone here own either of these or have driven in a Jeep with these? How was the drivability for streets? Both appear to be very capable off road, so my concern is noise and comfort, over off road ability.

Unfortunately if I cancel my Nitto order they will hit me with a 10% restocking fee, but that beats being stuck with a set of tires I won't like.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Mike
Old 03-26-2007, 10:21 AM
JK Freak

ive always herd the mud graplers were loud, i know for a fact that the toyos are prolly going to be way quieter on the road,
Old 03-26-2007, 10:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

I believe 4wd&offroad did a review on nittos about a year ago. As I recall, they were one of the more quiet MTs tested.
Old 03-26-2007, 11:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Found a review. Not as quiet as I remembered. But, not too bad it seems:

http://www.4wdandsportutility.com/te..._extreme_tire/
Old 03-26-2007, 12:26 PM
JK Newbie

I'm running them. You'll get used to the noise with a little time. I just saw them rated in a very recent magazine(gorgot the name); they were ranked at about the top on mud,sand,rock , and the ability to balance them. Road noise however was not included in the comparison.
Old 03-26-2007, 12:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have the toyo mt's. This is the third pair that I have owned. They are very very similar to the tread on the terras but are siped for better traction on rain and ice. got mine online and they are so much cheaper.
Old 03-26-2007, 02:18 PM
JK Freak

I'm running 35" Nittos and I really like them. They are not as loud as I was led to believe, and am quite surprised how well they ride. I would recommend them to anyone that was considering them. I dont' think you could go wrong with the toyo's either though.
Old 03-26-2007, 02:59 PM
JK Newbie

Hey Billycj7, where did you get your Toyo's from?
Old 03-26-2007, 04:30 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by osclib2
Hey Billycj7, where did you get your Toyo's from?
I know I'm not Billycj7, but I ordered a set from tires-easy.com. They shipped very quickly once they came in stock, and they're near the cheapest that I found anywhere. No affiliation.
Old 03-26-2007, 05:56 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by pulmano1
I'm running 35" Nittos and I really like them. They are not as loud as I was led to believe, and am quite surprised how well they ride. I would recommend them to anyone that was considering them. I dont' think you could go wrong with the toyo's either though.
On a trip is it annoying or would the stereo overtake the sound of the tires? I want to make sure it's not overboard... Is the noise that much louder than the BFG's that originally came with it? So far though, they sound doable.

Quick Reply: Input needed Toyo MT vs. Nitto Mud Grappler