Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Input needed Toyo MT vs. Nitto Mud Grappler

Old 03-27-2007, 07:05 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i've taken nitto Muds OFF peoples vehicles cause they couldn't stand them anymore. They drive like boggers.....you feel every lug.

The Toyo OCMT are the best large mud tire ive put on trucks that balance perfectly and ride smooth and quiet. I'm putting 35" Toyos on my new JK.
Old 03-27-2007, 07:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

^ I don't think they are nearly as bad as boggers, but they are not the most desirable tire, especially for a dd!! I have had boggers, I have 38" Nittos on my dodge now, and they ride really well for a big tire, even at speeds up to 90. They do sound like a twin engine prop plane though!! Another problem is they are pretty heavy and can be hard to balance, the 38's weigh 105lbs each, I'm sure the 35's are much less. After having them though, I think I would go w/Toyo's on a Jeep, and plan on doing so once I get my Rubi!! I know it's not a JK, but here's a pic of them on my 2500...
Old 03-28-2007, 04:43 AM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Roadtrip
It was dark I am not even sure this attachment thing will work. Hope you like the pics.

Mike
Looks great!

What lift are you using?
Old 03-28-2007, 06:23 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by j2dna
Looks great!

What lift are you using?
Thanks, it has a 3" Fulltraction Econo. Soon to include the adjustable trackbar.
Old 03-28-2007, 03:36 PM
JK Newbie

Dodges always look mean and sinister when lifted, especially black ones.

heres my 'other' ride on Boggers:

Quick Reply: Input needed Toyo MT vs. Nitto Mud Grappler