Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Installing Hawse, Fitting Hook & Eye Through Hawse

Old 11-25-2009, 05:27 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installing Hawse, Fitting Hook & Eye Through Hawse

So here's a question, I just installed my new LoD Shorty bumper, mounted my Titan winch with synthetic line, and now need to thread the hook and eye of the winch through the aluminium hawse that I have. However, its a bit like a Chinese puzzle, it seems impossible, but is there a way to do it? I'm thinking I have to pull out all the line, take the line off the winch, put it through the hawse, and re-attach and spool it... Is there an easier way??
Old 11-25-2009, 06:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

If you remove the hook and the end of the line still won't fit through the fairlead then the only choice you have is to unwind it and rewind it. Just remember that when you rewind it that you rewind it under a load..
Old 11-25-2009, 06:26 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 07JKRUBI
If you remove the hook and the end of the line still won't fit through the fairlead then the only choice you have is to unwind it and rewind it. Just remember that when you rewind it that you rewind it under a load..
x2, unwinding it on something would be much easier than doing it all in one spot. Such as roll it off the jeep from a tree versus stripping by hand in the driveway. Use gloves!
Old 11-25-2009, 06:59 PM
JK Newbie

Done. I pulled out all the line and it unhitches very easily. Didn't wind it up under load though as its sitting in my garage, but will do before I have to use it. Thanks for the tip!

Quick Reply: Installing Hawse, Fitting Hook & Eye Through Hawse