Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Interior Lights Control (on left stick) Not Working

Old 10-24-2018, 11:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Interior Lights Control (on left stick) Not Working

My control for the interior lights isn't working (twist control on left stick). It was a little "glitchy" once or twice and then just doesn't work now. My interior lights still work, but I can't control the dash lights brightness/dim and can't manually turn on/off the interior lights with it. The control will still rotate/turn but nothing happens.

Fortunately my dash lights are set bright enough since I can't adjust them and my dome lights still work with the buttons at the lights. My interior lights still work with doors open/close too.

Any ideas on where to start to figure out the issue?

Thanks.
Old 10-24-2018, 04:54 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 63 Likes on 58 Posts

Get a new switch (stalk thing). When mine went out you could only get them at the dealer. It was $90. It takes a torques bit screw driver I think a T-15, but I'm not positive, to get the steering column cover off, and then a Philips screw driver to remove the stalk. There are two wiring harnesses that need to be unplugged and then you just slide it out. Super simple. It's about a 5-10 minute job.

Last edited by tjkamp; 10-24-2018 at 05:16 PM.
Old 10-29-2018, 04:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Ordered a new multi-function switch and installed it this weekend. Problem solved. Glad it was a very easy fix.
Old 10-29-2018, 07:16 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 63 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by MAG00
Ordered a new multi-function switch and installed it this weekend. Problem solved. Glad it was a very easy fix.
Awesome! Good to hear!

Quick Reply: Interior Lights Control (on left stick) Not Working