Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

I've got a bad lift, what to do?

Old 10-08-2009, 02:32 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question I've got a bad lift, what to do?

Well I bought my jeep pre-lifted from the dealership which has been a decision I've been regreting for some time now. It's a tough country 4" lift and the ride is pretty sub-par, I was wondering if I should just buy different springs, and shocks. Or would it be in my best intrest just to completely scrap the lift I have now and get a new one?
Old 10-08-2009, 03:03 AM
JK Super Freak

get a teraflex 4" LA kit and call it a day..........oh, and then buy tires, wheels, bumpers, gears, etc................Just Empty Every Pocket........

JEEP ON BRO
Old 10-08-2009, 03:42 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

"I've got a bad lift, what to do?"

Get a good one.
Old 10-08-2009, 04:23 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by RedneckJeep
"I've got a bad lift, what to do?"
Get a good one.
x2 From what I've read in the past, never heard any complaints about TeraFlex, OME, Currie or Rock krawler
Old 10-08-2009, 05:27 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by aldaman
x2 From what I've read in the past, never heard any complaints about TeraFlex, OME, Currie or Rock krawler
^This

As Red mentioned above if your lift is bad you need to scrap it and start over.

I danced around for quite some time trying to decide which lift I should go with. I finally decided on the OME HD kit from Dave @ Northridge4x4. I added front lower and rear upper Teraflex control arms so I could adjust everything. Ride quality is a little stiffer than stock but stiffer is a good thing when the stock X suspension is so 'squishy'. I didn't get any actual height measurements (I was too excited, wanted to get the project started. ) but if I were to guess it would be pretty close to four inches (I have a two door no bumpers . . . yet).
Old 10-08-2009, 05:32 AM
JK Newbie

I have a 2009 with the Rough Country 4 inch basic lift and have had no problems. Why do you say the lift is bad? Any suspension lift will make the jeep ride stiffer (unlike stock). This ain't your mom's honda. Just run it and start dropping more money in bumpers, exhaust, lights.....and on and on!

Quick Reply: I've got a bad lift, what to do?