Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Je Reel/FT 3" Ulti. & Driveline Vibes

Old 09-11-2008, 08:10 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine is lined up perfectly. Seems like JE Reel has a problem with balancing their shafts. I still have a vibration. Not impressed!!!
Old 09-11-2008, 08:25 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by BradOB
Mine is lined up perfectly. Seems like JE Reel has a problem with balancing their shafts. I still have a vibration. Not impressed!!!
is it safe to assume you have 5.13 gears? while it is very possible that your shaft is not balanced, i can tell you that i've had issues with a set of 5.13's where the pinion was the culprit. i had my shaft balanced, checked again and then had the pinion flange checked and found that at one point in the rotation, there was a bump and big enough to cause a vibration at about 55-60 mph. when you're running stock or close to stock gears, you wouldn't notice it as much but with 5.13's, the speed at which is spins will amplify any flaw in balancing or otherwise.
Old 09-11-2008, 07:24 PM
JK Newbie

Stock gears.

5.13's sitting in my room waiting for me to install them.

I hope the vibes don't get any worse with the gears.
Old 09-12-2008, 06:26 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by wayoflife
is it safe to assume you have 5.13 gears? while it is very possible that your shaft is not balanced, i can tell you that i've had issues with a set of 5.13's where the pinion was the culprit. i had my shaft balanced, checked again and then had the pinion flange checked and found that at one point in the rotation, there was a bump and big enough to cause a vibration at about 55-60 mph. when you're running stock or close to stock gears, you wouldn't notice it as much but with 5.13's, the speed at which is spins will amplify any flaw in balancing or otherwise.
That really sux! It wasn't cheap buying and having my 5.13's installed. I'm still running the stock front shaft and after my last wheeling trip I noticed a vibration coming from the front and my front pinion seal is leaking. Oh yeah, bent my tie rod and smached the stabilizer also.

Quick Reply: Je Reel/FT 3" Ulti. & Driveline Vibes