Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

JEEP will not honor my warranty

Old 01-07-2009, 10:13 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JEEP will not honor my warranty

After putting a 2" lift and 35's on I took my 2008 Sahara 4 door with 3000 miles on it to an alignment shop I use for all my cars. It could not be aligned within factory specs due to a bent front (Dana 30)axle. I have not yet wheeled this jeep so it is a factory defect. I then took the rig to my JEEP dealer and was told to fix it myself because of the lift kit modification. Any of you legal eagles know if i should pursue this in court?? I could put a ball joint kit on it to fix it but I dont like the idea. Could a frame shop tweak it back to spec? ( Its at minus .91 deg. Spec is .25 prefered and .65 maximum.) Could I just weld in a gusset and have the heat of the weld pull it back in range? Driving this thing turns my shorts brown above 60 MPH so i have to fix it.

Thank you for any rely !
Old 01-07-2009, 10:18 AM
JK Super Freak

each dealership is different....are there any other Jeep Stealership's in your area?
Old 01-07-2009, 10:19 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by x No Compromise Offroad x
each dealership is different....are there any other Jeep Stealership's in your area?
X2, the stealership i bought my JK from wont honor a damn thing, the one i use now is mod friendly. the service manager says "hey, it says the jeep is trail rated"
Old 01-07-2009, 10:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

If you still have the stock tires, put them on before you go to the next dealership.
Old 01-07-2009, 10:34 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JK_JOE
If you still have the stock tires, put them on before you go to the next dealership.
x2, and if you can just sway out the spacers (since that's assuming all that is in your 2" kit).
Old 01-07-2009, 10:41 AM
JK Newbie

I am with the others, try a different dealership. I bought my '08 used from a dealer with 6" lift and running 40"s and they wrote in the contract that all warranties are in full force with the exclusion of the actual lift parts. It has been regeared and it had a front pinion seal leak and they covered it under warranty and said it was a Mopar part that failed. Bottom line is they are mod friendly, but most dealerships here in Utah are with Moab so close.
Old 01-07-2009, 12:42 PM
JK Freak

yea all dealerships are different and all service writers are different. some will look past things and some will just not feel like writing up a ticket. but definitly put stock tires and wheels back on for the next try. What they dont know cant hurt them.

But here is a warning. when the service writer pulls ur vin # they will see what dealerships it has been serviced at and they will ask you why you are not going back. so be ready with an answer.
Old 01-07-2009, 12:45 PM
JK Newbie

Smile very lucky

i hydrolocked my 07 with less tham 4000 on it and we all know that isnt covered but my girlfriends dad ownes a jeep dealership and covered it all but 250 in labor cost im very lucky
Old 01-07-2009, 12:53 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

agree... the dealership i bought mine from is kinda crappy with honoring things with warranty but one of the other dealerships the opposite direction a little further from my house is awesome
Old 01-07-2009, 01:19 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by IN the BLACK
Driving this thing turns my shorts brown above 60 MPH so i have to fix it.
Now thats comedy......

mine is at the dealer right now having an abs module changed. it looks like they will honor the warranty, but thats the last time i bring it to those pricks. im gonna find another dealer thats a little more mod friendly. they gave me sh!t as soon as they laid thier beady little eyes on it. if i go to pick it up and they say its not warranty work, im gonna turn their shorts brown.

corey d

Quick Reply: JEEP will not honor my warranty