Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Jeetops / Beware

Old 05-17-2013, 04:49 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by idiotec
Who here drives a truck?
I was wondering this also. My JEEP does have decent sized be...oh wait. That's not a bed. Hmm...nope not me. Not a truck.
Old 05-17-2013, 05:02 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by autojeep

walk in the shoes .. who bashing ? answering in most cases moronic logic and judgment's supported by guessing ... interesting when ever a rock solid point or logically right answer I give and should receive a acknowledgment of at least OK or maybe a sorry., I get nothing..... but more people who's reading and reasoning shows no background of futility other then wanting to be right by something bad that didn't happen and are so blinded by this that rational reasoning escapes them
should I not be humble and start listing all the notable and famous and celebrity's that run the tops and will validate something ? we get enormous praise all the time by people who are the who's who and know better .. so how do we humbly state that ?
we have gotten one call in regard to this post and after a short conversation the person realized we were truthful and solid .. we are a phone call away and these so concerned people don't have the fortitude to pick up a phone .
thanks for the advice and I agree with you for the most part ... this whole venue needs a fulltime pr person .. but that sounds so fake to me .. we built this on honesty , hard work and over building a rock solid product .
have a nice weekend and thanks again
I have walked in your shoes as I am a supervisor for a construction company and deal with customers and various vendors all the time and have been accused of false problems on large state jobs and guess what you can't just get mad and make rude comments even when others are doing the same towards you. I don't do this because I don't want to lose customers. I'm sure your product is just fine because this is the first I've heard of such a problem but you do have to see were people are coming from on here. You are coming off as VERY defensive and I understand your desire to be but when you talk to us so gruff its not hard to believe you told the op to basically f-off and see ya in court. Not saying that's what happened and none of us know other than you two. Good luck with your endeavours and just forget the forum for the weekend and go wheeling to calm your nerves.
Old 05-17-2013, 07:48 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

you need to look at time lines and mfg dates . your statement is completely wrong .
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coach_convertible

The only reason I would buy a T-Top car is if a convertible was unavailable as they were for a good period. Even when they came back it was a half hack outsourced job for a while. A hard top or convertible only for me.

You show me what years T-Tops were selling in a model that produced a convertible too that sold as many T-Tops as you say especially for 20 years.

Edit: I am not knocking your product - don't have any experience with it and if I bought it I would through a company that would treat me right, but ...

Last edited by zstairlessone; 05-17-2013 at 07:54 PM.
Old 05-17-2013, 08:32 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn this thread, its like a train wreck in extra slow motion, I just cant help but watch it happen.

It keeps on dragging me back...
Old 05-17-2013, 10:01 PM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default You have the right to remain silent....

Someone better read him miranda rights...
Old 05-17-2013, 11:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

I think you need to reread..... the global jeep is not who he says he is .. he is a dealer who didn't follow his dealer agreement ... there is no problem, it was fixed 10 months ago . we are the ones being attacked by a sociopath . reread and read slowly and maybe you will realize there is no issue nor when he posted his made up story .

I stopped reading there...why? Because the first few words are full of fail. You should just walk away, sell any Jeep related items you may have, delete your acct., and make the world a happier place.
Old 05-18-2013, 10:17 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by zstairlessone
Coach convertible - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The only reason I would buy a T-Top car is if a convertible was unavailable as they were for a good period. Even when they came back it was a half hack outsourced job for a while. A hard top or convertible only for me.

You show me what years T-Tops were selling in a model that produced a convertible too that sold as many T-Tops as you say especially for 20 years.

Edit: I am not knocking your product - don't have any experience with it and if I bought it I would through a company that would treat me right, but ...
im a car guy and grew up with jeeps . the F body and GM A body are just a bit of the point I was making .that's the Camaro - firebird and the Malibu , cutlass ,skylark .they produced them in both .and id have to research production #s ,im not trying to hurt your feelings and I may be a bit off . in the day and I am dating myself we installed thousands of Hurst -Hatches and thousands of Cars&Concepts hatches in both bodies . that was just my little company in Wisconsin and there were a hundred or so shops around the country doing the same in addition to the factories .. we also built from scratch convertibles in that time frame your talking about when the law suites shut convertibles down for a bit. I love taking the tops of our wranglers also . and im just trying to say I lived it . and I love to treat people fair ,right , kind and im so naïve most of the time doing it . thanks
Old 05-18-2013, 05:14 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

im a car guy and grew up with jeeps . the F body and GM A body are just a bit of the point I was making .that's the Camaro - firebird and the Malibu , cutlass ,skylark .they produced them in both .and id have to research production #s ,im not trying to hurt your feelings and I may be a bit off . in the day and I am dating myself we installed thousands of Hurst -Hatches and thousands of Cars&Concepts hatches in both bodies . that was just my little company in Wisconsin and there were a hundred or so shops around the country doing the same in addition to the factories .. we also built from scratch convertibles in that time frame your talking about when the law suites shut convertibles down for a bit. I love taking the tops of our wranglers also . and im just trying to say I lived it . and I love to treat people fair ,right , kind and im so naïve most of the time doing it . thanks
Last post here for me, but look it up - if you were involved in these tops (T and convertible) like the Cars and Concepts and Hurst they leaked air and water pretty badly. Oh yes, tell me when the Camaro and Firebird had T-Tops being sold by the millions while convertibles were a factory option (and the Cutlass, Skylark, and Malibu). The only car that these outsold ragtops back then was the Corvette and this was after they introduced it in the late sixties through the early seventies.

Hurst T-Tops we're offered on the Firebird starting in like 76, the Fisher ones starting in 78 or so when the Hurst ones went away. I may be wrong, (happens all the time) but I think the Malibu never had a T-Top option, but did have a sunroof option later in its life. The Skylark, I believe, suffered the same history. An Oldsmobile Hurst edition had a T-top option in the mid 80s and probably any Cutlass though again no convertible option was available same as one you missed - the Monte Carlo. So you would have been selling T-tops to customers that didn't have a convertible option (of course history shows most of these items did leak)
Old 05-18-2013, 06:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

If you want sunroofs buy a car with a sun roof it's a jeep get a softop and spend the rest on other mods
Old 05-19-2013, 05:46 PM
JK Super Freak

I thought it was very fitting

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4016533750.jpg
Views:	358
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	459687

Quick Reply: Jeetops / Beware