Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

JK front seat replacement for tall guy , any good options ?

Old 01-30-2017, 07:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JK front seat replacement for tall guy , any good options ?

Im 6'5 , have only driven wranglers having 4 different ones, in my TJ they made brackets called "big boy brackets " that allowed me to lower the seat a few inches plus it allowed you to slide the seat back a few more inches then stock which helped big time. Although the JK stock comes better then the TJ , my back is starting to feel it ( 8 herniated discs and 7 bulging ) so I'm constantly leaning to the side otherwise my head hits the bar
Basically id like to lower the seat down a couple inches , Im good as far as being far back , but I'm also looking for more lumbar support in the seat

Any ideas ? I still have those TJ brackets from my old TJ , think i can make em work ? Any after market options that might have better support ?

Any advise helps
Old 01-30-2017, 07:23 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

So you don't want to go back to the brackets that worked in the past?

https://www.4wd.com/Jeep-Interior-Pa...cjbbjk250d-rev
Old 01-31-2017, 03:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are inflatable lumbar support systems you can buy and I have thought about doing so just not sure how long they will last. https://www.amazon.com/Rostra-250-14...BFV8Y4VNEM8248

Quick Reply: JK front seat replacement for tall guy , any good options ?