Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

JK Sprintex Owners issue list for Sprintex attention

Old 04-11-2014, 06:31 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Small boost leak was found today on the intercooler. I didnt tighten the bolt down. Its probably been leaking since i installed it. Jeep keeps a consistent speed on the highway, no more lurching and i gained almost 2mpg on my way home from work. All found because i thought my manifolds were cracked and they were fine btw.
Old 04-11-2014, 06:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dsl_Dog_Catcher
Hey guys, new to the forum and need some help.
Just installed a Sprintex SC on my buddy's 08 and am using Hypertechs tunes. I am getting P0300 codes and have triple checked everything and spent almost a hour and a half on the phone with Gary Turner this afternoon running down thru everything and are coming up empty handed.
Engine has 5k on it as the previous one ate a rod bearing. New plugs gapped @.050" new wires as well.
Full tank of 93 octane. New battery, K&N cold air kit, headers and AFE cat back exhaust system.
It seems that the misfiring gets worse as engine temps get up to operating temps.
Have done carb cleaner checks at all places where if a leak was present, something should have shown. MAP sensor is at 2.09v and oring is good.
Absolutely no help from Hypertech.
Gonna get ahold of a scanner to see what fuel trim is setting at.
Gary suggested trying another MAP sensor to see if that makes a difference.
Anybody have this issue?
(901) 481-5120 Jim from hypertech

A bit of a smartass but he should answer the phone and help you out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-15-2014, 08:06 PM
Former Vendor

Hey guys, new to the forum and need some help.
Just installed a Sprintex SC on my buddy's 08 and am using Hypertechs tunes. I am getting P0300 codes and have triple checked everything and spent almost a hour and a half on the phone with Gary Turner this afternoon running down thru everything and are coming up empty handed.
Engine has 5k on it as the previous one ate a rod bearing. New plugs gapped @.050" new wires as well.
Full tank of 93 octane. New battery, K&N cold air kit, headers and AFE cat back exhaust system.
It seems that the misfiring gets worse as engine temps get up to operating temps.
Have done carb cleaner checks at all places where if a leak was present, something should have shown. MAP sensor is at 2.09v and oring is good.
Absolutely no help from Hypertech.
Gonna get ahold of a scanner to see what fuel trim is setting at.
Gary suggested trying another MAP sensor to see if that makes a difference.
Anybody have this issue?
are the headers causing so much heat that it is melting the internal wires on the coil? that would be my educated guess
Old 04-16-2014, 04:16 AM
JK Newbie

Default p0300

I had this problem at higher revs when the tune I was given had too much advance. It also caused the check engine light to flash. But google says:

Faulty spark plugs or wires
Faulty coil (pack)
Faulty oxygen sensor(s)
Faulty fuel injector(s)
Burned exhaust valve
Faulty catalytic converter(s)
Stuck/blocked EGR valve / passages
Faulty camshaft position sensor
Defective computer
Old 04-16-2014, 05:38 AM
JK Newbie

I first test drove a 2 door jeep with a sprintex and thought it was pretty average and not worth the money,

But being Australian I thought I'd support local, and bought one myself. I do however have an aftermarket exhaust 2.5", snorkel and hi flow cats.

I installed it at work then took it straight to a dyno shop and didnt even bother with the program that came with the super charger.

After the dyno run $500 mine runs awsome. soooooo much better than the original one i ran. Goes even harder than a mates who has an intercooled magnusun kit on his.

Very happy with my sprintex now.

I suggest to anyone take it to get a tune from a dyno shop staright away. Then you will have a great running car with out all the tuning fuss.

I'd say the exhaust and hi flow cats made a big difference too.
Old 04-20-2014, 03:45 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by So-Cal4x4
are the headers causing so much heat that it is melting the internal wires on the coil? that would be my educated guess
The wires have the heat shielding on them and will throw the P0300 code as soon as I can get it fired up and stay running.
I initially called Hypermax, not sure who I talked to, but was instantly told it was an installation error as their tunes are fine.
That did not set well with me. Wasn't even offering to help trouble shoot the issues and as a mechanic, no customer support= no business from me.
We've ordered a wide band O2 sensor and since the Hypertech update actually makes it start harder than the default tune that came with the charger kit, we will be going with a Diablo at this point.
Pretty frustrated with this charger setup at this point tho.
Old 04-21-2014, 07:57 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

4 days without my sprintex. Almost 18mpg with about 200 miles on stock. My sprintex would be 11-12mpg with the same driving. Yes my power is gone, but my mpgs are up, she actually shifts better on the stock tune and highway cruising is smooth. No more bloody surging which would make my gf almost car sick. Im happy i removed mine, besides the power lose

I also remember another forum guy on here, blue rubicon fully built, he also had the sprintex and hated the mpg. Took his off and his mpg went back to normal with a couple days. If its not a dd, no issues, but for me being dd, it was killing me at the pump.

Last edited by courtsm3; 04-21-2014 at 08:02 AM.
Old 05-23-2014, 04:52 AM
JK Newbie

Hey guys, new to the forum and need some help. I am getting P0300 codes
I suppose that it is necessary to replace the spark plugs on the others. Maybe you hooked up the wires incorrectly? once had a similar problem during heavy acceleration (5000+ rpm), I got the code p0301 and triple engine flash. All well done - I replaced spark plugs.
Old 05-23-2014, 05:07 AM
JK Newbie

Uneek, was this the 36 or 3.8 ?

Originally Posted by Uneek 4x4
But being Australian I thought I'd support local, and bought one myself. I do however have an aftermarket exhaust 2.5", snorkel and hi flow cats.

I installed it at work then took it straight to a dyno shop and didnt even bother with the program that came with the super charger.
I'd say the exhaust and hi flow cats made a big difference too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old 08-03-2014, 12:41 AM
JK Newbie

Hey courtsm3, do you want to sell the intercooler setup?

Quick Reply: JK Sprintex Owners issue list for Sprintex attention