Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

JK Sprintex Owners issue list for Sprintex attention

Old 11-19-2013, 07:25 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by D!CKS GARAGE
Well thats like gluing a pice of cardboard to the furnace...

Anybody that has ever ran a (any) Sprintex knows the case of the blower can get up past 200 degrees... You cant even touch them after a good hard run down the highway!

That heat is produced in the blower... Not absorbed from the exhaust manifold... Do they think all people are idiots?

Sent from 2 cans and a string.
Thank you for your input
Old 11-19-2013, 09:47 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Play nice brothers. Nothing will heat soak like my mazdaspeed3 did. Turbo on the back between the motor and firewall. Intercooler on top. Lol. Wish sprintex would of went air to air. I hate moving parts and complexity of water to air. Just asking for failure. Pump, fluid leaks, couplers, electronics.
Old 11-20-2013, 03:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by courtsm3
Play nice brothers. Nothing will heat soak like my mazdaspeed3 did. Turbo on the back between the motor and firewall. Intercooler on top. Lol. Wish sprintex would of went air to air. I hate moving parts and complexity of water to air. Just asking for failure. Pump, fluid leaks, couplers, electronics.
I agree but the system is best designed for water to air, maybe if the blower was in a different location to get a air to air working with minimal pressure drop it would have been better. Although I went with high quality parts to build the water to air system after much research. The Bosch pump lasts the longest and is reliable. It is used on fords oem water to air turbo systems as well as many others. Magnuson uses the same pump for all their systems, and as long as the install is done properly you shouldn't have to worry about leaks or the electronics.
Old 11-20-2013, 06:50 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by AdvJeep
I agree but the system is best designed for water to air, maybe if the blower was in a different location to get a air to air working with minimal pressure drop it would have been better. Although I went with high quality parts to build the water to air system after much research. The Bosch pump lasts the longest and is reliable. It is used on fords oem water to air turbo systems as well as many others. Magnuson uses the same pump for all their systems, and as long as the install is done properly you shouldn't have to worry about leaks or the electronics.
Thanks. Good info.
Old 12-12-2013, 07:37 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by theolno1
on the other forum rpmextreme is selling the 2011 and down kits for 2995 now. think they know something about how bad they are? made a comment in the thread over there about what i could possibly get if i recycled mine at the metal yard here in town.
They're down to $2795 for the holidays now. I picked one up. That was too good to pass up.
Old 12-12-2013, 07:45 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by GOJOHNNYGO
They're down to $2795 for the holidays now. I picked one up. That was too good to pass up.
That is cheaper than us beta guys got last Christmas.
Old 12-15-2013, 04:39 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by demtek9
That is cheaper than us beta guys got last Christmas.
Anyone running a snorkel with the sprintex? I just bought a kit with custom intercooler off a member and im interested if will help with intake temps. Like to keep them as low as possible. Thanks
Old 12-15-2013, 06:20 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by courtsm3

Anyone running a snorkel with the sprintex? I just bought a kit with custom intercooler off a member and im interested if will help with intake temps. Like to keep them as low as possible. Thanks
I run the rugged ridge snorkel without an intercooler and it runs great. Just try to stick with one that keeps the upper intake housing. And don't go for a CAI open element. You'll negate half of the intercooler benefits.
Old 12-16-2013, 04:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Being that the heat is made in the S/C, anything you do pre S/C is going to be useless.

Sent from 2 cans and a string...
Old 12-16-2013, 05:11 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by D!CKS GARAGE
Being that the heat is made in the S/C, anything you do pre S/C is going to be useless. Sent from 2 cans and a string...
So your saying ambient temps have no impact on SC temps? Thats hard to believe.

Quick Reply: JK Sprintex Owners issue list for Sprintex attention