Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

JK X D44 and Rubi 44 Locker

Old 03-22-2010, 08:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rubicons are 32 spline
Old 03-22-2010, 08:55 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by 2k2wranglerx
u sure the 07's were 3.73's? pretty sure that ratio wasn't available in 07
Couldn't be. Two ratios existed in 2007. 3.21 or 4.10

2008 to present 3.21 or 3.73 (non rubicon)
Old 03-23-2010, 05:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

I added a link to my window sticker in my previous post above...hope it can be read and isn't too small when viewed via flickr.
Old 07-12-2010, 08:06 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by BlackNorthernJK
dpoelstra did it, ask him it wasn't as easy as a simple swap. Axle spline counts are different, as are the axle lengths and bearings I believe are totally different

here
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...ra+rubi+locker
The write up was for installing a front elocker (different from the stock rear elocker) in the rear which adds some complications.

I picked up a rear rubicon elocker cheap and am going to try this install at the same time I change out gearing. As someone mentioned, you need to upgrade the axles to 32 spline. Had I done the ARB I would have upgraded the axles as well so that part was a wash.

The wiring is the scariest part. The rubi has an area ground flat on top of the pumpkin with a huge hole drilled in for the wiring connection. I am still debating whether to try to duplicate that mod or just drill a small hole put the wires through using a grommet.

I'll post a write up when I complete it in a couple of weeks.
Old 07-12-2010, 09:04 AM
JK Newbie

I also have an '09 4-door with the rear rubi locker and E-disco up front. It's an S package and has the 3.73's

I was looking for green but when I saw the options on this one and was offered right at $3000 off the sticker now I'm sportin' yellar.
Old 07-12-2010, 09:25 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Converted
I also have an '09 4-door with the rear rubi locker and E-disco up front. It's an S package and has the 3.73's

I was looking for green but when I saw the options on this one and was offered right at $3000 off the sticker now I'm sportin' yellar.
Interesting ... I did not know those options were available in 2009 .... They were definitely not on Jeep's Build website for the 2009 model year.
Old 07-13-2010, 07:39 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by dmhines
Interesting ... I did not know those options were available in 2009 .... They were definitely not on Jeep's Build website for the 2009 model year.

Not a bad build sheet.

Oh, and I looked at the Buy Order again. I was wrong about the $3000 off. They gave me $3,174 off the sticker PLUS the $1000 rebate.

Right time right place I guess, Chrysler filed Chapter 11 a couple weeks before the sale and this dealer was on the chopping block. I requested and got a letter from Chrysler Corporate at the time stating that the warranty would be honored (either by them or Obama ) if they went belly up and the dealer reopened under a new name about two weeks later.
Old 10-06-2010, 10:23 PM
JK Freak

there is a lot of questionable information in this thread.

Rubicon axles are 32 spline in the rear only. The front axles are 30 spline. The rear of the X/Sahara Dana 44 are also 30 spline, leaving some to believe that the front locker should just drop into the rear X/Sahara Dana 44. From my write up you can see it is not that easy.

Wiring up a locker is as easy as a couple of wires and a switch. No re-flash needed.

The "Locker" axle offered in the X is in fact the Rubicon Axle assembly, including the locker. I am not familiar with available gear ratios.

Please be careful answering questions in such a definitive way when you don't know for sure.
Old 10-07-2010, 06:27 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dpoelstra
there is a lot of questionable information in this thread.

Wiring up a locker is as easy as a couple of wires and a switch. No re-flash needed.
Sure. Any old switch will work to turn it on. Technically, you don't need a switch. Just twist the wires together when you want to use the locker. Or just wire it straight to the battery and it will be on when you need it (and when you don't).

If you want to make look and feel like the factory setup, a bit more than "a couple of wires and a switch" is required.

Originally Posted by dpoelstra
Please be careful answering questions in such a definitive way when you don't know for sure.
Good advice, but why are you picking on this thread? Have you looked at the thousands of other threads that have questionable, misleading, incomplete, or inaccurate information? For that matter, have you looked at the internet in general? This is just friends helping friends - warts and all.
Old 10-07-2010, 07:58 PM
JK Freak

I know this one just caught me in the wrong mood, and I went through torture to learn what i learned. Drives me nuts to have people answer like they know everything and they are just plain guessing. I would hate to see someone make a big expensive mistake on the word of some yahoos, but then I guess if someone trusts everything they read then they deserve it?

Never mind...just grumpy...

Quick Reply: JK X D44 and Rubi 44 Locker