Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

JKS Rear Trackbar install

Old 08-13-2018, 07:58 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JKS Rear Trackbar install

When installing a new JKS rear trackbar, do I need the JKS rear trackbar bracket also?

Background: Installing Jspec 2.5 lift kit on 2017 Rubicon Recon. Also added the front and rear control arms and the rear trackbar.

Just not sure if I use the included rear trackbar bracket with the rear adjustable trackbar.

Thanks for any help.
Old 08-13-2018, 08:23 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

An adjustable trackbar centers the axle, while leaving the bar at a steeper angle (due to the lift height).
A raised rear bracket will center the axle (though not as well as an adjustable), while also helping with the angle/roll center.

So, no, you do not 'need' the bracket. But, you might find that it handles better with the bracket installed.

Last edited by nthinuf; 08-13-2018 at 08:25 PM.
The following users liked this post:
remo427 (08-13-2018)
Old 08-13-2018, 08:46 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for the answer: "So, no, you do not 'need' the bracket. But, you might find that it handles better with the bracket installed."

I'll be installing the bracket.
Old 08-14-2018, 07:35 AM
JK Newbie

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by remo427
Thank you for the answer: "So, no, you do not 'need' the bracket. But, you might find that it handles better with the bracket installed."

I'll be installing the bracket.
The rear track bar mount has been a weak spot for many folks. Installing the bracket will help to reinforce this area.
Old 08-14-2018, 05:38 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

I have the same lift and used the bracket only with the factory rear track bar. Works great.

Quick Reply: JKS Rear Trackbar install