Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

jku cage

Old 09-27-2018, 11:26 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default jku cage

I've been looking at different trail cages to add to mine and I think I narrowed it down to the poison spyder. Anyone have any pics of theirs installed and how much of a pain is it do install? Was also wondering how the windshield attaches to it since it replaces the header bar.
Old 09-28-2018, 04:05 AM
JK Freak

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

The windshield doesn't attach. I have one for mine but haven't installed it yet. I'll be doing it this winter. I have heard it isn't too bad. When I install mine I will be adding some brackets (weld on) to tie in the windshield. I like the PS because it replaces the the side header bars (these bars are very weak and will collapse some in a rollover). Many people run the Rockhard. If you want it to tie into the windshield you may want to look into those.
Old 09-28-2018, 08:51 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,820 Likes on 1,590 Posts

Seen that PSC cage and have heard a couple first hand install horror stories, but maybe they were 1 or two off and not the norm. Really don't like the windshield aspect of it. Although I think the idea of weak factory header bars mentioned above is legitimate, I think bending in a roll is not going to be a big deal. Jeep will be pretty trashed at that point anyhow, and I don't think they will completely fail to the point of being the difference in a fatality or not.....just my opinion though and I have no studies to prove otherwise. I think for the average jeeper, the RH is an easier install that still adds a significant amount of additional protection. I really need to address cage at some point myself.....ugh, endless list.
Old 09-29-2018, 04:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 40 Likes on 33 Posts

I've done 2 install's on 2 different JK's I have owned without issues or wind leaks.
Old 09-30-2018, 01:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

I've got the rockhard in mine, but installed the PS in a buddy's JK. The biggest tip is to make sure all mating surfaces are clear of powdercoat as even that thickness will throw off the alignment of bolts and holes and leave you fighting with the install. The going to the floor is nice, but watch your bolt length as they can interfere with the body mounts off the frame on the passenger side. Overall, it's a nice product and will certainly offer up some more protection than the stock "cage" if you can call it that. It's good for some piece of mind, but won't compare with a weld in cage in the time of need, but again, blows the doors off the factory setup.

Quick Reply: jku cage