Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

just placed an order. Did i forget anything?

Old 12-22-2016, 12:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just placed an order. Did i forget anything?

ordered a rubicon express 2.5 in spring lift, ajust. front track bar, front caster correction brackets, bilsteen shocks an brake line extension brackets. Also ordered a set of 305/70/17 ridge grapplers. Did I forget anything.
Old 12-22-2016, 02:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

also bought exhaust spacer, 1.5 inch wheel spacers and a aev programmer
Old 12-22-2016, 07:49 AM
JK Newbie

Looks good! My only regret on the lift that I installed was not going with LCAs. Did the Rancho correction brackets and while the drive/ride is fantastic, I wheel more than I originally thought I was going to. I scrape those darn brackets all the time and with I had a bit more clearance that longer LCAs would have given.

Enjoy the new lift!
Old 12-22-2016, 07:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Rear extended sway links. Other stuff depending on the actual size of the tires ur going with.
Old 12-22-2016, 08:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

In regards to actual tire size... you could have issues mounting the spare, third brake light could get covered up, and u may rub the front bumper if ur running stock full width. Rear pinch seam and rubicon rails (if u have them) MIT need trimming too. All easy stuff to address once you get the tires/lift on.
Old 12-22-2016, 08:37 AM
JK Newbie

If I were you I would run LCAs instead of the correction brackets. Mine got destroyed on the rocks over time.

I would also just get brake lines and not bother with drop brackets. I had drop brackets and had to bend the hard lines to get them to fit. When I finally went to new brake lines I had to bend the brackets back which was no easy task. The rears also didn't go back exactly to where they wre stock so right after I put the new lines on I caught the hard line on my rear sway link bolt and bent it pretty bad. Lucky for me I was able to bend it right back.
Old 12-22-2016, 10:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

they come with the lift kit
Originally Posted by cjnomo
Rear extended sway links. Other stuff depending on the actual size of the tires ur going with.
Old 12-22-2016, 10:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

I bought the MOrE replacement hinges. the brace peace was out of stock. Ill get that later. Front bumper has the inexpensive shortening caps already. Rubicon rails are already trimmed and ready and theres no pinch seam (2015) Getting the spare mounted up right is something ill address when I see if it fits (stock willys rims with wheel spacers so stock offset)
Originally Posted by cjnomo
In regards to actual tire size... you could have issues mounting the spare, third brake light could get covered up, and u may rub the front bumper if ur running stock full width. Rear pinch seam and rubicon rails (if u have them) MIT need trimming too. All easy stuff to address once you get the tires/lift on.
Old 12-22-2016, 10:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Not much rock climbing around here. But I do drag bottom hard on a few trails I go on so it could be an issue.
Originally Posted by bl17z90
If I were you I would run LCAs instead of the correction brackets. Mine got destroyed on the rocks over time.

I would also just get brake lines and not bother with drop brackets. I had drop brackets and had to bend the hard lines to get them to fit. When I finally went to new brake lines I had to bend the brackets back which was no easy task. The rears also didn't go back exactly to where they wre stock so right after I put the new lines on I caught the hard line on my rear sway link bolt and bent it pretty bad. Lucky for me I was able to bend it right back.
Old 12-22-2016, 10:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

thanks for the suggestions there greatly appreciated. Fooled quite a bit with tjs but this is my first jk and I don't know squat. What ive accumulated and bought and done so far was gleamed from listening to you guys.

Quick Reply: just placed an order. Did i forget anything?