Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

K&N Filter - Stock Housing

Old 05-19-2007, 03:00 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Filter Injection Performance Kit. Fancy name for a cold air intake.
Old 06-26-2007, 06:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Don't forget, they are still 25% off at Advance Auto until the 30th. I think it brings them down to $43 + tax.
Old 06-26-2007, 08:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JKcarp
Don't forget, they are still 25% off at Advance Auto until the 30th. I think it brings them down to $43 + tax.
Sweet! Thanks for the heads up!
Old 06-27-2007, 10:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Just "ordered" mine at Adavance Auto. They didn't have any in stock so it is coming from a nearby store tomorrow. Total was $47 w/tax. What was interesting is that it did NOT come up on sale. The salesman had to key the discount in manually.
Old 06-27-2007, 10:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Any feedback??? performance/mpg?
Old 07-05-2007, 09:32 AM
JK Freak

I was looking for a relevant thread to ask this question - are you all finding replacements for the stock air filters at local places? I tried my local advanced auto and pepboys and neither had it in stock. It sounds like for a stock replacement the K&N is a good choice? While they didn't have the right one in stock, what I see locally is purolator and K&N. Or would most choose to order or just go to the dealer parts department? Thanks for your feedback.
Old 07-09-2007, 08:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

I took a trip to FL from NC the day after I replaced the filter. I averaged over 19mpg. That includes the drive down and back with the A/C on, some beach driving, and some "city" (A1A) driving.

I noticed a bit more "pickup" and definitely has a more pronounced "growl"

BTW- I also pulled off the little "snorkel" on the stock box. Not sure if it makes a difference or not.

I'm quite pleased and probably won't go with a CAI like I originally planned.

Old 07-09-2007, 10:48 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by deadspot
I was looking for a relevant thread to ask this question - are you all finding replacements for the stock air filters at local places? I tried my local advanced auto and pepboys and neither had it in stock. It sounds like for a stock replacement the K&N is a good choice? While they didn't have the right one in stock, what I see locally is purolator and K&N. Or would most choose to order or just go to the dealer parts department? Thanks for your feedback.
Just order straight from the K & N website, they shipped quickly and cheaply.
Old 07-09-2007, 03:49 PM
JK Super Freak

Does/will anybody (AEM, maybe?) make an oil-free drop-in filter for the JK? I've ran the oil-type before and would like to try the oil-free.
Old 07-10-2007, 08:38 AM
JK Super Freak

I dropped mine in last night. I also have done the mod involving the drilling of holes in the air box and removal of the snorkel. I think it sounds a lot better. It seems to be a bit more responsive.........could just be an illusion caused by the racier sound, but it works for me. As for the mpg.........I will check this after my foot gets back to normal, can't help givin it a little more just to hear the growl. Same sound I got from a much more expensive CAI I put on my 04'.

Quick Reply: K&N Filter - Stock Housing