Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

K&N Intake System

Old 12-28-2006, 11:54 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you go here http://www.intakehoses.com/ you can make youre own how ever you want it did it for my 2000 ford powerstroke. I also got this filter from K&N http://store.knfilters.com/search/pr...x?Prod=RC-5102 its pretty big.

Last edited by hellazuki; 12-28-2006 at 12:00 PM.
Old 12-28-2006, 01:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

don't mean to hi-jack thread, but i have been holding out for a snorkel unit, any idea when one will be avalible. i love k&n and have used one on my old car for 7years always performed great. and i like the look of the AEM one for the jk, but i just think i would prefer a snorkel unit. so if anyone has any word on when safari or whatever is expected to come out with a unit post up. i would expect the cost to be about what the tj is 400ish hope they don't jack it up cuz its new jk, seen that trend i lots of parts that have recently been released. otherwise i just may make my own. already made a custom dash kit for my jk
Old 12-28-2006, 01:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Aem

I was also debating between the AEM and AirAid system. I decided to buy an AEM, I was impressed with the Dynos by both companies (pretty much the same) but the thing at bothered me about the Airaid is the tube is made of plastic. Therefore, the went with AEM Brute Force Air Intake System in the polished metal, I ordered mine for $219 and free shipping from AutoAnything.com

Good deal or no?
Old 12-28-2006, 01:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

I bought the airaid because of the plastic.thought it might not conduct the heat as much to the intake air.still get pretty warm.also the plastic match the rest of my jeep
Old 12-28-2006, 04:44 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jckid
Wow! In that case, I may reconsider the AEM system. Does anyone know how the quality and performance of AEM systems have compared to K&N and other systems in the past?
I have an AEM Brute Force Intake in my 99 Wrangler Sport and was very have with the quality, I would say the quality may have even been better than the K&N.
Old 12-30-2006, 03:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Hey there you guys, heres a link to a thread that may have the cold air intake info your looking for.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-write-ups-39/results-848/

Sorry xravn...I haven't seen any snorkel write-ups to help you out

ROCK ON

CHOPPER

Quick Reply: K&N Intake System