Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

king coil overs or not ???

Old 02-06-2013, 07:55 AM
JK Jedi

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Good recommendations.
For my you need to really evaluate what you want to do with your jeep and the type of off-roading you plan to do. So many people spend countless thousands of dollars never getting the value out of their investment because it's used for purposed that differ from the original design intent of the product. For example if you go Double Throw Down but only do scenic runs are you really getting the pay back or value?

For example:
We originally started out with a 3" Black Diamond lift with Bilstein 5100 and Teraflex control arms. At the time we did our original lift the jeep was being built as a DD and occasional off-roader - Good for most wheeling but we wanted something that didn't pack up over washboard sections and we fell in love with rock crawling.
So we went with King Coil Overs up front and King 2.5 shocks in the rear, EVO springs and Teraflex arms. At this time the jeep was being used less and less as a DD and we were really getting into driving fast over washboard sections and rock crawling.
Then we went full retard (DTD was not out yet) and went with King Coil Over EVO Lever rear to go with our King CO up front (single throw down) and Teraflex long arm kit. At this point the jeep was not used for DD and became our weekend wheeler.

A good friend of ours was running a Teraflex short arm kit and Bilsteins during this whole time and he did almost everything we did over the past four years...to me that proved we really didn't "need" the setup we had to run the type of trails we run but it did help 15-20% of the time where we run trails or terrain that are more demanding. Point is evaluate your needs and don't just follow the heard and get what everyone else is getting get what you need for the type of trails you like to run or driving you plan to do.
Old 02-06-2013, 08:20 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok well thanks alot guys , now im just wondering whats the best spring and sock convination , right now i have 4 inch teraflex springs and rear fox 2.0 recibord , front regular teraflex shocks
Old 02-06-2013, 08:52 AM
JK Newbie

I have never experienced ride quality from Teraflex springs but have heard they run on the stiffer side. I know I have been looking at EVO 4" plush springs after quite a few guys on here and wayalife raved about how much nicer the ride was when paired up with a good shock that met their needs. Since you already have fox rears, going with the fox fronts would probably be easier. Bilstein or Kings would also be a great choice.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:26 PM
JK Newbie

yeah that sounds good im just gonna change springs and buy the front fox and see how it goes thanks

Quick Reply: king coil overs or not ???