Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Largest Tires?

Old 01-18-2013, 03:09 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Largest Tires?

I just got a 2013 Jeep Wrangler with 255/75/17 tires. What is th largest tire I can put on the factory wheels?

Thanks!!
Old 01-18-2013, 03:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have 315/70/17 with out wheel spacers and only 2 inch lift only rubs a little on full wheel.
Old 01-18-2013, 05:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

As big as you want if you're running whee spaces and the required lift for your purposes
Old 01-18-2013, 05:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wolfla26
As big as you want if you're running whee spaces and the required lift for your purposes
Ditt to the o.
Old 01-19-2013, 12:23 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by newjkman
I just got a 2013 Jeep Wrangler with 255/75/17 tires. What is th largest tire I can put on the factory wheels?

Thanks!!
Without a lift a skinny 33 ( 33x10ish) and you may have to adjust your steer stops if the rubber hits the lower control arms. Suggest you wheel for a while stock to see what the JK can do and what you feel needs improvement for the trails you do. You will be surprised what stock can do. Then, you will have a better grasp at where you will, just empty every pocket (jeep) , on this disease that hits us. Always better and cheaper to install something once than to do it 2~3 times because you changed your mind.
Old 01-19-2013, 12:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BlackRockBurner
Without a lift a skinny 33 ( 33x10ish) and you may have to adjust your steer stops if the rubber hits the lower control arms. Suggest you wheel for a while stock to see what the JK can do and what you feel needs improvement for the trails you do. You will be surprised what stock can do. Then, you will have a better grasp at where you will, just empty every pocket (jeep) , on this disease that hits us. Always better and cheaper to install something once than to do it 2~3 times because you changed your mind.
^ what he said..... and honestly if your flexed out enough your stock tires will rub your sway bar....... I know from experience.

Quick Reply: Largest Tires?