Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The least expensive way to get to 35s

Old 01-19-2007, 10:14 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TexasChopper
I'm doing teraflex 2.5 w/ wheel spacers.. total cost will be under 400. If it needs anything else then I will add it
225 teraflex 2.5 BB with adapters
100 wheel spacers (front)
100 wheel spacers (rear)

425... right.
Old 01-21-2007, 02:52 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

.45Hardboil Del4s, or anyone who knows...what wheels do you have on your rig? I like em' a lot. Also what size/width are they? In fact, if you had a hard top w/tinted windows, I probably would have fallen out of my chair in a fit of jealous love.

tnx
The wheels are KMC XD Series Assaults. They are 17 x 9 with a 5" backspace. They are CNC machined and very light. I've left off the "mood rings".

BTW, I do have a hard top but not the tinted windows, that wasn't an option when I ordered mine July 10th. I probably would have ordered the tint, but I'm glad I didn't now. With just the rear doors and top windows tinted and not the front doors, it looks kind of strange. My 2 privios Rubis were tinted and looked great, but they were 2 doors.

JacksJeep Del4s,

Could you be a little more specific about your statement quoted below? In what way did the addition of the front track bar make matters worse?
The final lift on my 2003 was the OME 2 1/2". It rode about like a stock TJ Rubi. There were no adjustable track bars short enough for it at that time, so I lived with a little front axle centering variation without problems. The final lift on my 2005 LJ was a RE 3 1/2". The RE bar was too long with the supplied Heim joint. I just measured and didn't drill the frame mount. I did find a tie rod end for it though and made it work length wise, and without having to drill the frame mount. Although the TRE was similar to the factory, the ball joint loosened pretty quickly. That is one big improvement of the JK over the TJ is the way the track bar mounts to the frame with bushings. So for the 2" lift I would not try to correct that 1/4" of centering. And probably not the 2 1/2" or 3" unless there is a bar short enough that uses bushings instead of Heims.

Chuck

Quick Reply: The least expensive way to get to 35s