Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

leveling idea

Old 07-15-2007, 05:15 AM
TEV
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default leveling idea

Well Im running the 3" full traction with a 3/4" spacer in the front is still lower than the rear. What do you guys think of this? Getting another set of the ruber isolators from jeep and adding them above the spacer. Either that or replacing the 3/4 spacers with the daystar 1.75 front spacers. Havn't checked on the price of those isolators yet.
Old 07-15-2007, 06:20 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Funny, I was just about to start a thread regarding this very issue when I saw your post. I installed the 3" FT Economy lift yesterday on my Sahara 4 door. I also installed the FT Hydro shocks and the front and rear adjustable traction bars.

This is my first major mod and I do not have a new bumper or winch. My front is showing a lfit of 2.25 inches and the rear is showing 4.125 inches. My first thought is not to add spacers but to find out from FT if they are shipping bad front coil springs. Have you contacted them at all about this issue. I sent and E-Mail off this morning but it is Sunday so I am sure I won't hear anything today.
Old 07-15-2007, 07:39 AM
I&I
JK Newbie

I had the same problem with my FT Premium 3". I put the 3/4" skyjacker spacers in the front. My thread did not get much response. The thing is that the Jeep is supposed to be lower in the front, just not by that much. The rear settled a lot since the first week, so with the 3/4" spacer, its not level by measurement (still 1" from front to back of pinch weld on the side), but it looks level by eye and actually the front end feels high while driving. FT sells heavy duty springs for the front, which I would recommend to anyone doing a FT lift even if you are not putting a bumper on. Had I known, I would have got them put on when the lift was installed.

I am still having issues that I can not resolve with the ESP system, so I can't go on any mountain roads yet, which really sucks. I didn't expect these problems from what I read on this forum. Perhaps I would have chosen another brand of lift if I had known about these issues.
Old 07-15-2007, 07:43 AM
TEV
JK Freak

heavy duty springs huh? Why would they not advertise this with thier kits... Ill have to call them but then agian iv been waiting on my control arms for atleast 3 months now.
Old 07-15-2007, 11:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by I&I
I had the same problem with my FT Premium 3". I put the 3/4" skyjacker spacers in the front. My thread did not get much response. The thing is that the Jeep is supposed to be lower in the front, just not by that much. The rear settled a lot since the first week, so with the 3/4" spacer, its not level by measurement (still 1" from front to back of pinch weld on the side), but it looks level by eye and actually the front end feels high while driving. FT sells heavy duty springs for the front, which I would recommend to anyone doing a FT lift even if you are not putting a bumper on. Had I known, I would have got them put on when the lift was installed.

I am still having issues that I can not resolve with the ESP system, so I can't go on any mountain roads yet, which really sucks. I didn't expect these problems from what I read on this forum. Perhaps I would have chosen another brand of lift if I had known about these issues.
Why is the jeep supposed to sit lower in the front?
Old 07-15-2007, 11:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Good luck leveling it... Been there.

My solution was taking the 4 FT Coils off and getting a set of 4" SkyJacker Coils and voila, level - and sits much better and taller.

FT never said there would be a rake when I first spoke with them.
Old 07-15-2007, 01:24 PM
JK Newbie

Default Leveling

I did a lot of research, along with lots of measurments, and discovered that my 2dr levels out with a full tank of gas, and as the tank goes down, the rear end comes uo. Also when ever there is someone in the backseat, it levels out. I am sure that is why the nose sits low sometimes.
Old 07-15-2007, 03:25 PM
JK Freak

I don't have the rake, or atleast enough where you can really notice it if any at all. If you got 2 or so inches difference in lift height i would make sure you didn't get the wrong springs.
Old 07-15-2007, 04:56 PM
TEV
JK Freak

Originally Posted by rubiman
Good luck leveling it... Been there.

My solution was taking the 4 FT Coils off and getting a set of 4" SkyJacker Coils and voila, level - and sits much better and taller.

FT never said there would be a rake when I first spoke with them.
yup I sometimes go wheeling with jeffmarion on this forum, he has the skyjacker 4" and when we parked our jeeps side by side I noticed the rear was the same hieght but my front sits about an inch lower.
How much did the skyjacker springs run you? Or did you buy the whole kit?
Old 07-15-2007, 05:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Its been said above, but you need the FT heavy duty front springs.

Quick Reply: leveling idea